Friday, April 26, 2013

Fratty Friday

I am going to tell you up front that I do not like these pictures.  Jackson looks too old and I do not like it one bit.  Part of it is his haircut he had yesterday and the other part of it is that is old and not a baby any more.  These first set of pictures capture his displeasure with having to wear his tennis shoes rather than his boots.
As silly as it looks I fully support his decision to wear boots with shorts.  Gaga let me wear gymnastics attire on a daily basis so I support him in the same way, only I would put my foot down if he wanted to wear gymnastics attire.  But I digress.  His boots were muddy from playing in mud in the back yard and catching frogs.  It made me so proud.  He came running in while I was cooking (and by cooking I mean heating up chicken nuggets) last night to show me the frog he had found.  Melts my heart.  Meanwhile Mary Frances is prancing around in a tutu staying out of the mud and clear of the frog!
They may be terrible kids when they grow up, but so far I am going to give Matt and me a pat on the back for raising ALL boy and ALL girl!  Mission accomplished, so far.
Isn't this pout the saddest thing you've ever seen?  As I was tying his shoes his only concern was that they would come untied on the playground.  I think that is the real deal behind the boots, he can put them on by himself and they don't come untied on the playground.  Can you blame the boy?  Who wants to rely on someone else to put their shoes on and then run the risk of having to stop playing because they come untied. The kid has some mad reasoning skills for a 2 year old.
He even tried to run and hide, but after some coaxing....


He came back out and we gave his photo shoot another try.
There is that sweet face!  In his college life he was sad not because of his tennis shoes, but because the Rebels lost to Kentucky last night in their ESPN televised game.  He is even wearing his baseball shirt today for the Friday game!  Please note the number 25 on the sleeve.  Matt and I didn't even notice it until after we bought it, but that was Matt's baseball number.  And he was "The second baseman to the Caledonia baseball team."  The entire reason I married him and all!
Any way, J-Man is hopeful the Rebels will win the next two games because losing the series to Kentucky would not be good.  On the bright side though, there is always Double Decker this weekend!!
This stud will be hitting the square up for sure!  He'll probably even take his dog, because you know, chicks dig a guy with a dog.
That's all we have for now folks!  I even got J-Man to wave bye!  Oh, I do have the disclaimer and plea that you ignore my unmade bed and messy bedroom in the back ground of the pictures.  It is hard to take away from Jackson's cuteness, but the mess behind him might be a bit distracting.
Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you have a great weekend and the Rebels pull out the series win against Kentucky!  Hotty Toddy!

No comments: