Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Free-For-All

My rebel fairy.

 After 7 months of living in our house, we have FINALLY finished hanging pictures.  Oh wait, there are still a few in the hall I want to hang.  So after 7 months of living in our house we are ALMOST done hanging pictures.





This big guy was fins up and ready to go!  Such an adorable rebel!!
And how adorable is this little guy?  He was hanging out in the Baby Bjorn at the Bigs soccer game the other weekend.  Such a trooper! 


And here are the Bigs before their big soccer 'performance.'  We have them enrolled in Soccer Shots.  They don't play games, but they have a 'class' each week where they learn soccer basics and get to run around a little.  Jackson loves it, but tells me that Mary Frances is "too little" to do it.  And on Saturday we found out why.
Before the 'performance' Franny was getting antsy while we waited so I distracted her with one of her favorite things in life, lip gloss.  And below you can see Jackson was ready to go!!
They were so cute in their 'pre-game meeting.'  Franny was getting a little unsure with all the people around, but Jackson held her hand and made it all better.  Their coach even told me that Jackson takes care of Mary Frances during their class each week and tells everyone "This is my sister, Mary Frances."  How sweet is that?  The coaches gave each of them a ball and turned them loose.  Jackson took off running from one end of the field to the other dibbling his soccer ball all the way.  He listed to his coach and followed directions well.  Mary Frances on the other hand, well, she is my daughter.  She abandoned her soccer ball and just ran around on the field aimlessly until her bow fell out and she promptly found a coach to put it back in her hair.  I mean, she couldn't be seen without a bow.  Once the bow was back on and with her freshly applied lip gloss she wondered around some more until the performance was over.  Jackson is a little athlete like his father and did great, and he is right, Mary Frances is too little for soccer.  I'll sign her up again, but I think Franny is going to be too girly for sports.  And I am fine with that!
A little Sunday afternoon fun!  Daddy was home for rounding and we were cheering on our Giants.  Who are 2-6 now by the way.  Playoffs here we come!! You can tell by the look on Jackson's face he doesn't believe they will be the first NFL team to start 0-6 and make the playoffs.  He's probably right.


My sweet Rook man at school!  I love it when I get pics of the kids from school.  They are so happy and LOVE it!

If I had more time to blog, the picture above would be a Keeping it Real Wednesday picture.  All I wanted was a cute picture of my kids after baths in their Halloween PJs and I got this. Oh well, I tried.
Above:  Jackson in his favorite outfit, his blue Ole Miss jersey complete with mud kickers.
Below:  Mary Frances and her fellow jail birds.  They broke out of their classroom and got sent to the office.  It's a rough life being a 22 month old.  I am sure my daughter was the ring leader and to the other parents all I can say is I am sorry.

I posted this on Facebook and it is too funny not to re-post here.  Jackson is pretty smitten with a girl in his class named Isabelle.  He turns red and squirms when you mention her name and he about ran head on into our car while he watched her walk through the parking lot to her car.  He's got it bad.  But I can't blame the boy, she's a cutie!  Oh and she's an Ole Miss fan!  Score!  Any way, his hair was a bit wild the other morning and he was really upset about it.  He said, "Isabelle can't see me like this.  My hair is not handsome at all.'  As tears streamed down his face.  Sigh, his teenage years are going to be rough on this mama.
Miss Priss here had a fabulous time with her Aunt Anna and Uncle Barry fishing the other day and got all red faced in the sun.  And J-Man below was a bit worn out from all the fun.  We built him a mini fort so he could relax and watch Cars.
But then for some reason I thought cake at 9:00 p.m. was a good idea.  Parenting fail!

This stud wore his big boy clothes to school the other day.  He is so stinking cute.
He also wore his farmer clothes
and his GOP clothes.  Mark it down, Rook Miller 2052.  He will likely run on the Libertarian ticket rather than the GOP ticket.  Especially considering his month has decided he can't go to public school because the federal government has lost their mind with 'Common Core,' but that is an entirely different blog for a different day.
And J-Man has started wearing his football helmet in the car.  He's prepared for a tackle football game to break out at any time.
Mama had a meeting in Memphis and went to the Rendezvous for the first time.  It was good and I can say that I have experienced it, but for the record, Matt's ribs are way better.  And I am not just saying that.  He doesn't even read the blog so he'll never know I said that.
Then when I stopped for gas on the way home and the Baskin Robbins in the gas station had this advertisement up.  That's right, ice cream made to look like a turkey.  Gaga, put me down as bringing these pieces of deliciousness to Thanksgiving.
Rook's stocking came in.  Pottery Barn Kids gets me every time!  They know just when to send me promotional emails.  Dang them.  But her needed one any way, so I guess it's ok.

And this would be more day care pictures.  This girl will not do.
Now we move into Halloween!  I have to thank Pintrest for helping me out this year.  Jackson was a football player, Franny was a cheerleader, Rook was the football.  And the fact that we already owned all the clothes was a huge plus!  Jackson immediately asked if he could throw Rook.  That was the moment I began regretting my decision.  I think Jackson was most excited about his eye black "like Bo Wallace."


A little Fall Festival face painting.
 And then Franny and her BFF, Bailey the Monkey!  Please note Jackson photo bombing the first picture.
These two will not do.  They thought it would be funny to pick their noses in the picture.  So lady like!




That about wraps up the Miller Mayhem for this week.  Halloween was so much fun for the kids and I love seeing their excitement.  I can't wait for Christmas this year with them.  Jman's face lights up and Franny squeals when she gets excited.  There is no better feeling in the world than seeing them get excited.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  The Rebels have an off weekend and as Jackson would say "we'll trap the razorbacks" the next week.  Hotty Toddy!

No comments: