Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year's Eve

So I know this post is a week late, but in case you didn't know, I have been a little busy.  Our New Year's Eve was spent with family in Columbus.  My Aunt Teresa and Uncle Bo came over from Birmingham to meet Miss Mary Frances.

And my Aunt Teresa even gave Mary Frances her first bottle.  She was 2 weeks old on New Years Eve so it was time to give it a shot.  Not to mention Mama and Daddy were going out for New Years and we had to make sure she would take a bottle.
And in true Miller kid form she would take milk how ever we would give it to her.  Wanting to show the world what a big 2 week old she was she laid on the floor with Matt and looked around.
She was showing off and soaking up the attention while her brother was still gone.  He got back about 6:00 that night from Disney and I was busting at the seems to see him.  One whole week without my J-Man was just too much!
Here is Matt and his chubby New Years Eve date.  My husband looked so handsome!  Luckily it was a family party and everyone knew why I looked like a stuffed sausage in a cocktail dress.
The good new is, Gran let me borrow her mink so I could hide!  And I needed to hide especially since I have cousins that look like this.  I mean really.
We had so much fun!  We would have stayed out later had we not had to get home for me to feed the baby.  Wait, who am I fooling, everyone knows we go to bed at 9:00 and would have left at midnight any way.  :)  It really was a great party and I wish we could have stayed.
 I posted all of these pictures to show how impossible it is to get a good pic with my family.  This was us trying to get my Dad's attention, but he was busy being Rex.
 We finally got him, but he wasn't even looking at the camera.
 Still not looking...
 And still not looking...  I give up.

It was so wonderful ringing in the New Year surrounded by family and knowing we are more blessed than we deserve.  Happy 2012!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Chubby? Really? You look better than I do, and I did NOT just have a baby. 2012 resolution: strive to look like post-partum Laura Miller.