Sunday, April 28, 2013

Southern Belle Sunday

Our little Southern Belle!  I saw this hat in Target for $4 and I couldn't resist.  She only keeps it on for 15-30 seconds at a time, but she is SO cute wearing it!  I am hoping she'll keep it on at the pool this summer.  I have big plans for letting Gaga and Sheshe take the kids to the neighborhood pool this summer!  While I am home with a newborn of course.
 She kept the hat on for this picture because she was too preoccupied with the purse set Gaga picked up for her.  And here is the pictures of her rummaging through it.
 She LOVES the purse and everything in it!  It's so funny.  We opened it as soon as we got in the car and she played with it contently all the way home!
She is wanting to get down here and prance around with the purse.  She knows just how to carry it and prance like a little girl.  It is so funny and I am beyond thankful that I had a girl.  I love seeing how her and Jackson do thinks so differently.  I am sure baby #3 will be different as well, but Mary Frances and Jackson are night and day.

As if shopping at Target with my mom and Mary Frances wasn't just the best, when we pulled up and opened the back door to get Mary Frances out she was so happy and clapping.  Like she knew exactly where we were and why we were there.  I wish I had gotten a video of it!

I am enjoying these last few weeks with my Southern Belle because before too long she won't be my baby any more.  She'll be the big sister.

And on that note - I have a baby update.  33 weeks - I spent several hours in the hospital having my contractions monitored Friday night.  The SAME thing happened with Jackson.  Only when I started having the contractions on Friday afternoon I called the doctor immediately.  This time I waited until I left worked, picked up the dogs from the groomer, and the kids from daycare.  How sad/funny is that?  Matt was working (he is on the most HORRIBLE rotation in April, vascular surgery.  It makes ortho trauma look like a cake walk) and couldn't leave and things had to get done.  Thank goodness for Aunt Anna and Uncle Barry.  They came over and watched the kids while I grabbed my bag and headed to the hospital alone.  Even after I called to let Matt know what was going on he got to the hospital an hour after me.  I really don't mind doing all this alone because it's just what has to happen and I know Matt would be there every second if her could, but I do want to document it and it is kind of funny.  The pregnant chick driving herself to the hospital and checking in for observation alone.  Once he finally got there I told him this was all my ploy to get him a alone on a Friday night, minus the steady stream of nurses in and out of my room.

After several hours of being monitored, 2 shots, and a prescription later we were headed home.  Gaga came in the next morning to help with the kids since I am under strict instructions to 'take it easy.'  Easier said than done with 2 little ones.  My prescription has slowed the contractions down and now I just need to make it at least 3 weeks before delivery this baby, 4 would be better.  Prayers are welcome.  You can pray specifically that this baby stays put 3-4 more weeks!

Other than all that we are great!  Well, we'll be great on May 1.  Matt will be off vascular surgery and NEVER have to do it again and I feel good now that I'm not having 5 contractions an hour.  We're just trying to enjoy the time we have as a family of 4 before baby #3 gets here and throws us into zone defense.

#MillerMayhem pretty much sums it up!  Thanks Shannon Bevill!

No comments: