Monday, June 3, 2013

T Minus 7 Days

Baby brother is scheduled to be here on Monday, June 10.  I'll be 39 weeks by then and will have been on bed rest for 3 weeks!  I was really hoping my doctor would take me off bed rest at 38 weeks and let this dude come on his own, but he didn't.  He is the one that went to medical school so I trust him, but bed rest has been a challenge.  Bed rest for a week and a half was a challenge with J-Man and this time I have 2 kids to worry about in addition to everything else.  I hope my doctor doesn't ever see my blog because he will see what a bad patient I have been.  It is hard for me to stay still and I feel so guilty while my family does stuff around the house and I just sit there.  I feel like a lazy bum.  Not to mention not picking up the kids is tough.  So tough in fact I pretty much do it any way.  Obviously I have slowed down a good bit from my normal pace and it has helped.  My ankles are no longer swollen and my contractions have all but gone away.

I wanted to post some pictures of some of the changes around our house in preparation for the baby to come.  Matt and GranDan got Mary Frances' big girl bed out of the attic and set it up in her room.  I needed the rocker out of her room for the baby and with all the extra company we will be having when the baby gets here we needed an extra bed.  And lastly, it will get Mary France use to the big bed before she ever sleeps in it.  We lay in it at night and read to her before we put her in her crib.  We did the same thing with J-Man and it made the transition so much easier.
Gaga bought the bedding for Mary Frances for my 30th birthday.  :)  So we have had it for a year and a half now, just waiting on the bed to be set-up.  The bed was my bed growing up so it is really cool for her to have it and for Jackson to have the bed that was Matt's and even GranDan's growing up.
And maybe one of these days we will hang some pictures on the walls in our house.  I plan on tackling that while on maternity leave.  After 4 months of living here I have become immune to it though.  I don't even notice that our walls look empty.
And in the J-Man's room, Matt took the changing table attachment he made off of Jackson's dresser.  With Jackson potty trained we never used the changing table and I needed the changing pad for the baby.  Everyone had to give up something in their rooms for this baby.  Our poor kids have to grow up fast because the next one is always coming along.  We'll see how fast baby number 3 grows up since he is THE LAST ONE.
Please note, that map on Jackson's dresser is not hanging.  It is just sitting on the dresser.  :)  Better than nothing though.
Jackson finally has curtains!  Matt hung all my new curtains for Mother's Day.  Until then, Mary Frances was the only one with curtains.
And finally the baby's room.  Well, the guest bedroom with a crib in it.  Poor 'Dale.'  He'll move into Jackson's room with bunk beds in a few years, but for now he will be in the guest room.
He does have a crib, rocking horse, changing table, and glider in his room.  All the essentials a little guy needs.  And I have to tell you about my changing table find!  Matt wanted to build one and I would have loved that, but he doesn't have the time and it would have been an expensive project.  So after a friend found this one on Facebook for $30 and talked her down to $20, I showed up to get it and she gave it to me for FREE!  She said she just wanted it out of her house and I was GLAD to take it off her hands.
It is a very sturdy changing table and I really lucked out!
Nothing changed in the dining room expect my curtains being hung as my Mother's Day gift, but I am so happy they are up I had to take a picture.  I want to hang family plates above the buffet where that mirror is and hang the mirror in our bedroom, but again, that's a maternity leave project.  I figured 70% of the projects I want to do around the house will get done before we move in 4 years for Matt's fellowship.  But not to worry, I have grand visions of moving 1 year for his fellowship and keeping our house so we can move right back.  We'll see how that goes........  Matt will probably move me to Timbuktu in 5 years.

And last, but not least my very embarrassing picture of what I have resorted to in order to cover my belly. I only have one casual maternity shirt that still fits and a few casual dresses.  Again, I have never been this pregnant and therefore I have never had this problem.  I have dipped into Matt's shirts to clothe myself until this baby comes.  My favorite shirt to wear is his Handy Andy BBQ t-shirt with a pig on it.  I just think it is appropriate that it has a pig on it.  :)  The funniest part was when Matt wore it the other day Jackson asked him why he was wearing "Mommy's" shirt.  God love him!
Matt also informed me on Saturday that an OBGYN resident he was working with informed him that this baby was going to be BIG since it has had longer to incubate than the other two.  Even though I have not gained any weight in the last 5 weeks or so my stomach is telling a different story.  I almost wonder of my nurse makes the scale lie when I go in for appointments.  Like she might be sticking her foot under it to save my sanity.  Which I am completely fine with, but my clothes still don't fit.  And Matt should have NEVER shared that information with me.  I need to have a talk with him about that.  I would have rather kept living in my world of 5 and 6 pound babies even though I am living in his clothes.

I might be able to squeeze one more baby post in before next Monday, but we shall see.  But if not, the next baby post will be complete with picture of my little man and heck, who knows, maybe even a name by the time he gets here.  But then again, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

No comments: