Sunday, June 2, 2013

Southern Belle Sunday

With Jackson in Baton Rouge with his Sheshe, Mary Frances has gotten some quality mama and daddy time that I don't think she has ever had before.  Sheshe said Jackson has asked several times where Mary Frances was and said he missed her.  But Mary Frances has not checked up since her brother has been gone.  She has played without being tormented and has received undivided attention.  She may not be happy when Jackson comes back, but then again, after seeing the pictures of all the fun stuff Jackson is doing at Sheshe's he may not come back.

I have been left on bed rest until 39 weeks and my doctor will induce me on Monday, June 10.  So until then we will stay a family of 4.  My plan is to soak up as much time with the kids as I can until then.  And Mary Frances' solo photo shoot was so cute.  I probably should not have been on the ground taking pics, but let's be honest, I am not a great patient.  But, more on that in my next post about the baby.
Mary Frances loves hamming it up for the camera!  Matt and I both felt like she seemed younger than Jackson did when she was born, but in a few short weeks she has proven us WRONG.  And at this age I guess a few weeks makes a big difference.  We felt like Jackson was talking more, but this little chatter box has made up for it lately.
She has been saying "bye y'all" for some time now, but she has now added "thank you" just as clear as day to her vocabulary.  It is so funny to hear her say it, especially because she says it at the right times. And her little voice is so sweet and delicate.  I am trying to get it on video.  Her other new word is "Dougie."  That's the name of Jackson's lovie and she has now named her lovie/blanket Dougie as well.
It's funny to hear what she picks up on.  Because I would have sworn she would have said juice, milk, banana, waffle, or paci by now, but she is not too concerned with any of that.  She of course says Mama, Daddy, Bubba (that's Jackson), Elle (no Knox yet), Gaga, Sheshe, and has said Gran and Paw, but not consistently.  And she will NOT say anything on command!  Ever!  I call her "Mary Mary quite contrary."


And we actually got her paci from her long enough to shoot two pictures.  Look at those teeth!  And on the talking subject she speaks through her paci.  No taking it out to speak!
I hate this picture is blurry because it captures her little personality so well.  She screams when she gets really excited.  She shrugs her right shoulder up and down when she gets excited too.  Usually when she is getting food, about to brush her teeth, or picking out clothes for the next day. You know, all the stuff you get excited about on a regular basis.  :)
Giving 5, blowing kisses, and waiving are a few more things on her list of talents.
After our photo shoot I was trying to take some pictures of the kids' rooms since they were clean and Franny had to come help of course.  After all, he place is in front of the camera.

So at 17 almost 18 months we have a little talker on our hands.  She still points and grunts or yells if she wants something but can't say the word, but her vocabulary is growing by the day.  She has also almost mastered the steps out back.  It's only one step down at a time, but she will get on her booty and tackle them  like a champ.  She can also maneuver the slide in the back yard with no assistance.  She doesn't miss a beat!  My little Mary Frances won't be "Baby Sister" too much longer and I am not sure I like that, but Baby Brother will be here next week (if not sooner) and life moves faster than we want it to sometimes.  Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments: