Sunday, June 16, 2013

Where Do I Begin?

I am not even sure where to start so my next few posts may be a stream of consciousness.



I will start with Rook Franklin Miller.  The final installment in our little Miller Mayhem, except he has not been contributing to the mayhem yet.



In my last post I was counting down to Monday, June 10 to meet unnamed baby number 3, but those plans were changed a bit.  Those plans were changed by the request of Matt. He doesn't ask for much so when he does, I oblige if possible.  My doctor had scheduled me for an induction on Monday, June 10 after 3 weeks and 3 days of bed rest at 39 weeks and 2 days, but after some discussion with him about Matt's crazy schedule and the day that worked best for us he was starting to see things my (Matt's) way.  Finally after consulting with unnamed baby number 3 he didn't think I'd make it through the weekend due to my further progress anyway.  So after exactly 3 weeks of bed rest and at 38 weeks and 6 days, on Friday, June 7 I was scheduled for an induction.



Matt went to work Thursday night and came home Friday morning at 4:30 a.m.to take a quick shower and take me to the hospital at 5:30 a.m.  The readers digest version of that Friday morning goes like this, I got checked in by 6:00 a.m. and Rook was here by 12:45. weighing in at 7 pounds 7 ounces.  The biggest baby I have had, but everything went smoothly and after getting to spend a little time with him it was time for mama to move to the operating room.  That's right the operating room.  Mama got her tubes tied.  And let me just say, I would NOT recommend it.


I would not recommend it, not because I have had second thoughts, but because after having 3 kids in 3 years my mind and body are exhausted.  The reason I would not recommend having your tubes tied is because it hurts like crazy.  Now, let me say this, in comparison to a c-section I am sure it doesn't hold a candle, but in comparison to a regular delivery it's SO painful.  But NO ONE TOLD ME THAT!  Maybe if I had been prepared it would not have been so bad, but by Friday night I was in so much pain and scared there had been some type of complication.  When I called my nurse about my pain she said it was normal and I could have a shot of demerol.  Demerol?  Really?  Of course I took her up on it several times.  AND THEN she informed me she hurt for a MONTH after having her tubes tied.  Sigh.  I can happily report my pain and tenderness was gone by Wednesday, but it was so much harder than just giving birth.  After my first 2 I could have come home from the hospital and cleaned my entire house, but not this time.  I'm going to stop my rant about having my tubes tied now, but I just want anyone who might be considering it to know the facts.  And I also want to say, I need to give my doctor an out for not telling me about the pain.  I don't think he thought I was serious and then when the day came I had my mind made up and I wouldn't have listened.  He had already tried to talk me out of it, but because he was afraid I would regret it.  But I don't.  I look at little Rook and he is the sweetest little guy and the best sleeper, but I know we are done.  I just hope God knows that too because I full faith that if he wants us to have another baby he'll make it happen.


Remember what I said about Matt coming home from work and going strait to the hospital with me on no sleep?  Well, he tried to get as much in as he could.

But once he was here there was no more sleeping that day!  Rook had lots of folks to meet!












This was after my surgery while I was waiting to go to my room.  I was a little out of it to say the least, but we had to give the kids their gifts for Rook being born.  Mary Frances got a pearl bracelet and Jackson got a John Deere tractor with animals.  That pretty much sums up my children.



My mom said they got crazy looks when people saw Mary Frances wearing a Big Sister shirt.  What can I say?

We finally let Matt go to sleep that night!


From the second I saw Rook I thought he looked like a Dickerson.  Once of the many reasons I knew he had to be named Rook.  My Dad's dad was named Rivers, but his nickname was Rook.  So Rook it was.  And Franklin was Matt's mother's father's name.  Did you follow that?  All of our children have family names!



My Bean cheesing it up for the camera.  She loves Rook, but is not 100% sure about it.  Jackson on the other hand is head over heels in love with him!

And on Sunday we got to bring the little guy home!  I have a video of Matt bringing him in the house I will post as soon as I get it downloaded.
Rook came home in the same car seat the other two did, but the similarities end there.  We put him in Matt's car and he came home to our new house.  He is his own little dude!

I ended up taking the hat and blanket off of him before we left because it's June in Mississippi, let's be real here people.

No comments: