Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Free-For-All

I know my posts are a bit rambling, but when you combine an entire week into one post that tends to happen so just bear with me please.  Here we go!
I debated on whether or not to post this picture of Rook sleeping, but did it any way.  Our dirty little secret is out, I let him sleep on his belly.  That's how he likes to sleep and will not sleep on his back in his crib.  DHS can come arrest me now, but we all slept on our stomachs as a child and we turned out just fine.  I also have an Angel monitor that goes off if he stops breathing.  And it actually works because it has gone off when he has moved all the way to the end of the bed and it can't sense him any more.  I didn't let Jackson or Mary Frances sleep on their stomach, but this dude is baby #3 and it's a whole new ballgame people!

And........  this is Miss Priss.  She wanted to get in the shower, but we wouldn't let her.  It's a rough life being Mary Frances Miller.

But she rallied without a shower and we made it to KJ's fire truck birthday party!!  She was all about the fire truck, but for some reason Jackson wasn't.  He would stand on the outside, but would not crawl in it.  Go figure.





Warning:  There is about to be an extraordinary amount of pictures of the Rookie (and one picture of poop).  The Bigs went to Baton Rouge with Sheshe for several days so this dude and I hung out.  Lots of cuddle time.  The pictures above and below are Saturday night during the Texas game.  He took a little cat nap in the first half, but by the second half with a full belly and some PJ's he rallied and stayed up for the game.  And we let him since Saturdays during football season are like holidays.
And Uncle Buster sent me the picture below.  BEST STICKER EVER!!!!!!!
                                                
Sunday.....



Since the Bigs left to go to Baton Rouge Saturday afternoon Rook and I took Matt lunch Sunday after church.  It started out fine until......
This happened.  Yup, that's poop.  I gave you fair warning above.  :)
Then this happened......
Third child problems, mama didn't pack you an extra change of clothes.  At least I had a diaper though.  So he hung out in the resident lounge with nothing, but a diaper on.  And for those of you that have been in the resident lounge, don't worry I didn't let him touch anything.  And for those of you that have not let me paint this picture for you; 18 male (there are 2 poor females that have to put up with them) residents that work all night and are in and out of operating rooms.  Let's just say, it's not a clean place.
 More cuddles.  This is our progression as we veggied out on the couch Sunday night.



Monday morning.  It was before 7:00 and we were dressed and ready to go.  After 3 days with only one child I am wondering why I made such a big deal of it when Jackson was born?  Having only one kid is NOTHING!  I will have to say though, Rook is a laid back baby, Jackson was no such thing.

Check Rook out trying to watch Monday night football.  I had him turned around facing me, but he wanted no part of it.  He wanted to watch football!

The bigs in Baton Rouge on the train in the mall.  I am surprised they came back.  I was beginning to think they may want to move down there.  And considering the fact that I wanted to move in with Gran and Paw when I was little, it is a very real possibility.  Oh, and FYI - I had to give them a bath when they got home because they smelled like corn dogs after being down there 5 days.
A big thanks to Jenna (Bailey's mom) for the formula.  I am having to give Rook one formula bottle a day because he is eating me out of house and home.  He has moved up to 6 ounces every 4 hours (6:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.) and then wants to eat again at 8:00 when he goes to bed.  The 8:00 hour is when he gets a formula bottle.  The first night I gave it to him he wet out of his diaper because he drank so much.  I finally got him full, but he wasn't used to drinking that much!  I have not been able to stock pile any milk yet, but this should help me out!
This was the bath that washed the corn dog smell off.  Thank goodness.
And it's kind of hard to tell in this picture, but the house was a disaster after they got back.  Stuff all over the counter, toys on the floor.  It was a mad house and I didn't get in bed until 11:00.  If I could just let some things go I could get some more sleep, but I just can't.  The counter was cleaned off and the toys were picked up by the time I crawled in bed.  And don't worry, J-Man helped clean up.  He's really a big helper!
This was the best smile I could get from Jackson to send to Matt.  Like most of you Matt keeps up with the kids through pictures and that's why I have so many.  He texts me every night and every morning and wants to know how they are doing, how their day at school was, how they slept.  He's such a good husband and father.  We really are blessed.  But then again so is he.  ;)

Rook was stripped down to his diaper and ready for a bath.  This picture below is one of those funny ones I catch of him sometimes.  He knows he is adorable.  I can just hear the song "I'm sexy and I know it."
And finally my Beans telling her Daddy night night.  The best is the picture Matt will send back of himself.  I thought I saved one, but I guess I didn't.  I will next time and post for your entertainment.

Our Rebels are off this weekend which is a little depressing that we won't have Rebel football to watch, but they are preparing to travel to Tuscaloosa and take on Alabama.  Number 21 Rebels are playing great football right now, but facing number 1 Alabama in Bryant-Denny is a little challenging to say the least.  I am sure Coach Freeze will have them fired up and ready to play, but so will Nick Saban on the other side of the field.  Hotty Toddy!  Get some rest Rebels because it's on next weekend!

No comments: