Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Keeping It Real Wednesday - Easter Weekend

So all of my Facebook peeps have these adorbale family pictures from Easter, but we did not get one because Jackson spit up on his adorable outfit AND shoes at breakfast.  Thank goodness we went to breakfast AFTER church.
On Saturday we dyed some Easter eggs with the little man!  He looks adorable of course, but I had been working in the yard all morning (looking pretty real in this pic)!  He loved looking at the colors and wanted to stick his hand in all the cups.
The Easter bunny came to see us all!  Even Elle and Knox!
The finished product.
And this is the reason I worked in the yard all day.  We had a cover built over our patio and I am in LOVE with it!  It turned out better than we could have even imagined.  
Matt made a deal with the Easter bunny and they split my Easter gift.  My new patio table and chairs!!  It is my Easter/Mother's Day gift!  The chairs bounce and they are amazing.  They remind me of my Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Pat's house when I was little.  I would sit in their chairs and bounce on my breaks from the pool.  I will post another picture soon of the finished product because the columns have been stained, the trim painted, and Jackson's swing hung over to the right.  We are also going to work on the grass and lack there of in our back yard.  It is coming together and looking less and less like white trash every day!  I have big dreams.
This is our front porch.  We got new beams there too and I planted lots of colorful flowers.  Even the Gardening Munchkin (my mom) would be proud.

I was a little hesitant about doing all of these exterior improvements, but water damage forced us to.  When the work began I was kind of wishing I could get new kitchen appliances and counter tops, but the exterior upgrades are much better than an updated kitchen.  After all, our appliances work, but our back poarch was being ruined by water.  Oh the joys of home ownership and being an adult.

No comments: