Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Keeping It Real Wednesday

This post should really be called This and That Wednesday.  However, Matt and I went to Talledaga this last weekend and that's pretty REAL!  Here are Dale Jr. and Jimmy Johnson coming out of the pits.  They were draft partners all day long.  You gota love some Jr, but I could have lived without Jimmy Johnnon winning.  I wish Jr had won because I wanted to see everyone go nuts!  Oh well, at least Kyle Busch didn't win (he actually wrecked :)).
Our seats were at the start/finish line!  We had a great view of the 3 wide finish!  It was the best finish I have seen in a while.

Matt and me with our headsets!  Listening to the drivers is so much fun!!  They say the funniest things.  Especially since they were drafting the entire race.  They had to talk to each other a lot more than normal.  The coolest part was how calm they were.  Jeff Gordon sounded like someone needed to wake him up.  It was right at the end when he was racing to win, going 200 mph all in a bunch and he sounded like he was just having a general conversation.  Blows my mind.  I wish you could see it, but Matt is wearing his Old Waverly golf shirt.  We fit in so well!
I couldn't have a blog post without the star!  J-Man stayed and Nana and Pop's while we went to the race.  While we were gone they taught him how to do Patty Cake!  He is so cute clapping his hands.  He's a genuis.
And finally the forgotten children, Elle and Knox.  They just got a haircut on Friday so they are a little bald.  Bless their hearts they are not the center of attention any more, but they are so good with Jackson.  
This picture is my favorite.  He looks like he is talking to us at dinner.  He is saying "Mom and Dad, why are you not taking me to the race tomorrow?  You know I would love it."
I could EAT him up!!!!

No comments: