Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Matt's a Doctor - Long Coat

Part of the reason I have not posted lately is because we have been so busy and the other reason to be honest is because I am a little overwhelmed/at a loss for what to say about long coat and graduation.  I am so proud of Matt and it was such a wonderful weekend, I know I can't do it justice.  Maybe I could pay someone to write this blog about Matt becoming a doctor?  But, we have no money so here  goes nothing.

I will break down the weekend into a blog mini-series.  The Long Coat Ceremony kicked the weekend off with a bang.  Really and truly the long coat ceremony is a bigger deal than graduation.  It is a cocktail hour/seated dinner event with the medical school class only, where everyone receives their long coats.  No more wearing a short coat!  All of our immediate family was here and it was an amazing night.  Everyone was so proud of Matt!
 These first two pictures are Ben and Shannon.  They appear on our blog a lot and we are going to miss them terribly!  They are moving to Charleston for residency, but not to worry!  We will see them in the Grove!

 Jenna, our OLD neighbor.  Her and her husband (Zach) just moved into a new house.  Hopefully we are not far behind them.
 Matt's family!  They did such a good job raising him!!

 And here he is everyone, Dr. Matthew Allen Miller!!!!  Wahoo!
 Can I pause here for a moment and say that I am now a doctor's wife?  :)  Not as glamours as I had once envisioned.  Only 6 more years!  Maybe it will get glamours then?  You know, tennis lessons in the morning and charity work in the afternoon.  Who am I fooling?  I will just be driving all over town taking kids to school and football practice.
 So back to Matt!  He looks pretty darn comfortable in that coat huh?
 My family is just as proud of him!  After all, they are his family too.  He actually picked them (makes you kind of wonder about him huh?).  And can I also point out how dapper Big R looks?  He cleans up well.  And Paw was the self proclaimed and official 'Best Dressed Man' there in his seersucker suit.
 Matt's grandparents!
 The study crew!  These three studied together day and night for boards and pretty much dominated them.  Hence the reason they are doing orthopedics, dermatology, and ophthalmology.
 And then there are the spouses.  Barry was not thrilled with taking this picture.  I guess it's a little awkward being a doctor's husband.  But don't let him fool you.  He has visions of golf in the morning and yard work in the afternoon!
 Then there is John.  He is one of our only democrat friends.  He won't be for long though, he is going into ER.  The real world will slap him hard when he sees those taxes coming out of his first paycheck!


Mo!!  Morgan is staying so we will see her for sure!  Plus she wants to baby sit Jackson.


Nana and Pops!  We are so glad they came!
Aunt Chele!
Laura and Laura.  Except she is now Dr. Laura and staying here too!!!  And my super grown up husband in the background.  He's a doctor now you know.
Look for graduation pictures to come.  Hopefully the pictures made up for my procrastination of posting and the lack of commentary.

No comments: