Thursday, September 13, 2012

Swimming Lessons

I have not posted about swimming lessons in a while, but Mary Frances just started this month and Jackson moved to the big boy pool by himself.  I had originally planned for my mom and Gran to be here on Jackson's first day in the pool by himself, but hurricane Issac decided to hit the next day and they didn't want to get stuck in Jackson.  Any way, Jackson did GREAT his first day even without anyone there to watch.  Aunt Anna and Uncle Barry came towards the end of lessons, but it didn't phase him.

Flash forward one week later and he had a melt down.  Matt was even there watching and he still cried.  So we thought we would try a different approach.  I would watch him and Matt would get it with Mary Frances.  Still no luck.  The teacher told me to hide where he couldn't see me and that seemed to help some.  So that's why my videos of him are really far away.

I've had him in swimming since he was 7 months old to avoid the screaming.  So much for that.  He loves to swim and is really good at it, but he just wants me in the pool with him  It doesn't help matters that someone is in with Mary Frances and not with him either. 


No comments: