Wednesday, July 21, 2010

10 Pound Funny Man

We went to the doctor yesterday because Jackson has this rash on his face. I had to put little mittens on him to stop him from scratching his face. The good news is the treatment for his rash is just bathing him in Head and Shoulders shampoo and the other good news is he weighs 10 pounds!!! I could not believe it when the nurse told me. He is getting SO big.

Before the rash - The rash -

We went for Jackson's first walk on Monday and he loved it! It was warm outside and the vibration of the stroller put him right to sleep. You'll notice the "net" over his car seat, well that is his homemade mosquito net. I have not been taking him walking with me because I was afraid misquotes would bite him, so Gran made this net so I can take him with me to walk in the evenings. Mommy has to get back in shape!!

I discovered today that Jackson likes Grey's Anatomy! Lifetime plays Grey's and Desperate Housewives for hours each day and I leave it on as I am doing things around the house and taking care of Jackson. I put him in his bouncer during his awake time this afternoon and no matter which way I turned his bouncer his head turned to the TV. I don't think he can see that far, I think he was just following the sound, but it is funny that he looked so into the surgeries they were doing. I told him it was great he was showing an interest in surgery, but he could grow up to be whatever he wanted and did not have to be a doctor like his dad as long as he was respectful of other people and honest. I was telling Matt about it when he got home and Matt said the SAME exact thing, but he also added he had to be a republican. How could I have forgotten about that? I am going to blame it on lack of sleep. Lastly we have a funny man on our hands. Matt was strapping Jackson in his car seat to go for a walk last night and he gets so content nothing bothers him. Matt tilted the seat up to look at the back and Jackson could have cared less. He had the funniest in a comma look on his face.

2 comments:

Brian and Darrie said...

I love looking at the updates on Jackson!!

The Miller's said...

Thanks Darrie!!