Wednesday, July 7, 2010

3 Weeks Old

This puppy was the best investment! He has a pacifier attached to him. It makes it so much easier to keep in Jackson's mouth. He also likes cuddeling with it. He was in his Munchkin's lap.

I have not posted in a week and that would be because I am flying solo! Say a prayer for me!! My mom left on Monday so it has just been Jackson and me for the first time since we came home from the hospital. Although the pups are here and have been good they are not a lot of help. Let me catch everyone up:

Big R and Munchkin were here for the 4th, but we did not do much. There is not a whole lot you can do for the 4th with a 2 week old. My grandparents and Uncle Billy and Aunt Laura stopped by again on there way to the airport. Matt was off on Monday (but not on the 4th?) so we had some our medical school friends over so they could see Jackson. He had a big time and had 3 wardrobe changes due to spit ups and a tinkle accident during a diaper change. I wish I had taken pictures, but he wore his red polo oneise, then his Run DMC onesie, and lastly his Ole Miss onesie. He could have had another wardrobe change because he spit up again, but I just left him in it until bed time. It didn't seem to bother him.
Jackson is 3 weeks old today and here is what he is doing:

STILL not sleeping at night

Eating every hour and a half during the day

Eating for 2 and 3 hours at a time at night

I am running out of food for him so the lactation consultant and his pediatrician said I can mix formula into his diet as well as rice cereal at night. I will do the cereal for the first time tonight, I'll let you know how that goes. If he sleeps for 3 hours and eats for 30 minutes at a time I won't know how to act!!

He now has a double chin

He fits in his NB clothes much better

He is getting better about diaper changes, he does not scream every time

His umbilical cord has fallen off

His plasti bell is hanging by a thread

Gas does not seem to be a problem any more (knock on wood)


He is so cute and he has some many people that love him!! Even with his lack of sleep at night he really is a good baby!

No comments: