Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Honeymooning in Chattanooga

So Matt and I were childless in Chattanooga this last weekend (well, minus Mary Frances, but she is pretty low maintenance at this point).  Chattanooga is one of the 40 (yes 40) places Matt has applied for residency so we were checking it out.  We started the day off watching the Rebels, but by halftime I couldn't watch anymore.  This is becoming a trend...
So off to Rock City we went.  I had not been since I was a child and it was a beautiful day outside so there was no need to waste it on the Rebels!  Not to mention, this pregnant lady needs some exercise that does not consist of chasing a 15 month old.
This was "Fat Man's Squeeze" and this fat lady fit through it!!  :)  I might not in a month though...  We had a great time checking out the city and it just being the two of us for a change.  We even drove around and looked at neighborhoods too.  Ideally I would like a house with a pool house so our parents could take turns living there, but that may be out of our price range....  Chattanooga is a great city and hopefully lots of people would come visit us if we moved there.  It is only 2 hours from Birmingham and 2 hours from Nashville.
I KNOW it would be hard being more than 2 and a half hours from our family, but it is only for 5 years and if that is where God wants us we will gladly go.  I just try not to think about being that far away from everyone.

No comments: