Saturday, February 9, 2013

Moving!

This is for Aunt Coco.  2 nights before the move.
And these are the pictures I have finally taken off my phone to go through the progress.
 The wood floors right after installation.

 The contrast between their original color and the color they would be stained to match our doors.
 Master bath fixtures
 Gaga and Sheshe's bathroom
My chandeliers in the dining and entry area.
The grey granite you see is the granite I rejected.  It had purple flakes in it that were NOT on the sample.  Changing the granite almost set us back, but my builder got on the ball and order from another place I found.  I hated to be picky and I almost took it, but laid in bed that night stressed out about the purple.  Reminded me too much of LSU, that's what sent me over the edge.

 Our first snow.
Fixtures in the kids bathroom.  I also need to add that I would send all of these pictures to Matt and it would be the first time he would have seen most of this.  He was never with me when I picked it out.
Living room fan.
Microwave hole.  We placed it low so Jackson could cook his own food. :)
We FINALLY got a driveway!


 The master bathroom tile FINALLY came in.  It took SO long.
 The driveway was almost dry....
Our shower in the master bath!
We picked the stain on the left and below is the finished product.

More shower progress.  I feel like it took them FOREVER to tile it.

The floors were finally down in our bathroom!  Minus 2 places b/c they were one box short on tile.
 AND THE NEW GRANITE FINALLY CAME IN!!  The installer came 3 days late.......

 Who new counter tops could be so stressful?
 And check out those appliances in the background!!

Shutters!
Oh the claw foot tub.  It was the most stressful part of this build.  The master bath tile and granite was NOTHING compared to this jewel.  I feel like there has been more discussion around one tub then there has been about Obama raising taxes.  If you look closely the leg on the left had been welded back together and the base was too small for the tub to sit on.  We discovered this on a Thursday.....  and I didn't get the replacement foot from the guy in Batesville until Tuesday.  It was an ordeal to say the least.
Check out that hardware and back splash.  By this point I was ready to sweep the floors and move in.





Landscaping!!


 The carpet in the three kids' rooms was finally down.
 Lowe's had delivered my appliances!
The shower door finally got installed.  We were to the point to pass inspection my builder was going to put a shower curtain rod up if this door hadn't come in!
And the mirrors.  Nice pregnant belly shot huh?  Oh, but the mirror installer broke one of the globes on our vanity lights.
And the tub......  It's still not in place here b/c the tile guy was one box short on tile THEN when it finally came in and he installed it someone stepped on it before it dried and the tile guy had to come back and fix it. Oh the joys.  So, the tub is still sitting in the middle of our floor.

1 comment:

Becky Jex said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!! Your house is going to be GORGEOUS!!!!! I am so excited for you guys I don't even know what to say. This is so very cool. Big hugs to the sweet Miller clan during your move!! Please let us know if we can do anything to help!