Friday, March 29, 2013

Fratty Friday Easter Edition

With baby #3 coming I am always looking for ways to make my life easier.  I think I have determined one way to accomplish that is to combine Fratty Friday and Southern Belle Sunday.  It is easier to take pictures of the kids at once and do one post.  I don't want to rob any one child of the spotlight, but they get plenty of spotlight.  So rest assured.  Now, I just need a catchy combo name for the blog each week (that would include all 3 children).  2 Fratty Boys and 1 Southern Belle might be too long?  I'll ask Uncle Buster.  He is the one that came up with Fratty Friday and Southern Belle Sunday.
So here are Franny and Jackson ready for their Easter egg hunt at school.  They were so excited and really racked up!  My Southern Belle liked dressing up the most and my Frat Star liked the candy the best!

She is all about the camera and some pictures these days.  She has also started saying "bye y'all" when we are leaving places.  It's hysterical.  My true Southern Belle.

He wanted to wear his "cowboy" shirt as he calls it.  Stinker!  Explaining Easter to him has proven to be more difficult than I had anticipated.  Christmas was easy, he has a birthday and Jesus has a birthday.  No problem, but dying and rising again is a different story.  He doesn't comprehend death yet so raising from the dead is really a stretch.  I just keep reading him 2 Easter books every night and repeating dying, rising again because he loves us.  Maybe he'll catch on.
I am just so determined to ensure he is not THAT child in Sunday school that tells his teacher it's about candy and the Easter Bunny.  I'm sure he will any way, but one can hope.  I feel like the younger he understands the easier it will be.  Even as an adult I find myself gaining a new perspective each year so I guess you never stop learning.
Especially now as a parent.  If my son had to die to save the human race y'all would be out of luck.  I would kill everyone that came near him first.  So I am so thankful for Mary.  She obviously is a better woman than me.  And on that topic, have you watched any of The Bible?  After watching the scene where Abraham almost sacrifices Issac, Matt and I agreed that Issac must have had trust issues the rest of his life.  Reading about it is one thing, but to see it played out, especially now that we have kids is another.  I would have left Matt if he would have done that.  Again, another biblical woman that's much better than me.  I would have been like Lot's wife and said, "we're outta here."  Although, that didn't work out too well huh?  But I digress.  It's Easter and y'all just want to see my adorable children.
J-Man was posing for the camera and Mrs. Karen.

Please notice the top of his mud kickers.  They are worn out and he acted excited when his new shoes for Easter came in this week.  Without prompting he said, "I'll wear this on Easter to church!"  We'll see how that goes.  He may be wearing seersucker pants with mud kickers. I also have big plans of a good family picture of the 4.5 of us on Easter.  We'll see how that goes too.....
I hope everyone has a great Easter and remembers it's about Jesus dying for us (even for people like me who would have left Abraham in the middle of the desert as I was yelling at him that he was a crazy man who heard voices that were not God's) because he loves us.  And if anyone has any good recommendations for explaining Easter to children or new blog names I am all about it.

No comments: