Monday, December 16, 2013

Thanksgiving Post III

Our first Thanksgiving stop was at Grandmaw and Pawpaw's.  These two kept me up most of the nights we were gone, but when they are this cute how could you get mad?
And this dude played until he dropped.  He fell asleep on the couch!
This was Rook's face when he learned he could not eat any of the Thanksgiving food and had to eat pureed veggies instead.
And this was him saying "You really expect me to believe I am not missing out on anything??
He didn't think it was fair everyone else got to eat Grandmaw's cooking.
And since Matt had to stay behind and work I was a good wife and sent him this picture of what he was missing out on.  That was mean, I know.
And this is what Matt did on Thanksgiving.  He operated most all day with Jimbo.  At least they had each other.  Dr. Moss and Dr. Miller, coming to an orthopedic clinic near you!

After two days at Grandmaw and Pawpaw's it was back in the car and heading to C-town.  I am actually glad Matt wasn't with us because I don't know where we would have put him.


At he Dickerson Thanksgiving Rook was hot and tired of being held.  So we stripped him down and let him play.  It's not a party until someone gets naked!

Breakfast at Gran's

And after very little sleep, no routine, and chasing 3 kids without Matt to help I loaded up and headed home a day earlier than planned.  It only took 3 days to get everyone back on track and sleeping again.  Why do kids get so thrown off when they are in a new environment?
I'm glad they got to sleep on the way home!

And back home our normal life could resume.

I started decorating for Christmas and began to think this was all I was going to get accomplished.
And after a week of sleeping in big beds Mary Frances decided she was ready for her big girl bed.  Enter bed rails.  After a few sleepless nights in her big girl bed, we have moved her back to the crib.  She is not ready yet.  She kept waking up and showing up by our bed and scaring me to death.  Maybe in the next few months we will tack this again.  I mainly want her in a big girl bed in order to take the crib down so we can have some space for the 3,000 Christmas presents that are about to invade our house.


No comments: