Sunday, May 23, 2010

Another Wedding in Natchez

Natchez is a beautiful place for weddings and they have them there ALL the time. There were 2 other weddings going on while we were there. Corey's sister Lena is the one that got married this last weekend. She married Esla who's family is from Sri Lanka so the wedding was half his traditions and half hers. It was a very pretty and interesting wedding. I know how hard it was to plan a wedding for two families that are similar, I can't imagine planning one for families from different cultures, countries, and backgrounds.It was South Mississippi in May, needless to say it was HOT!
But everyone put on a happy face and tolerated the heat.The families - Corey's mom Mrs. Brenda looked so pretty.
And I had to have a picture to prove it, but Corey was actually talking to a child and they were not crying. I think she is putting forth more effort since Peanut is on the way. Either that or this child's evil sensor was broken.

If I look a little sleepy here it was b/c I woke up from my nap 9 minutes before the ceremony started, luckily I was staying at the house where they got married!!
And in other wedding news Lauren (QD) got engaged this weekend and is having a March wedding in Oxford! I am SO excited!!! Cannot wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout LD!