Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

A special thank you to all the men and women that serve our country. Without you we would not be the great nation we are today. I know I have posted rants about our government, but even with all of our faults we are still the greatest nation in the world. Thank you is not enough!

Matt and I took off to Birmingham like we do every year for Memorial Day to watch the SEC baseball tournament and to celebrate our anniversary, but this year we had even more to celebrate. We have been married for 5 years, we will have a baby in just weeks, and Matt finished the STEP I. He has been studying about 14 hours a day for a month and I have been counting down the days until Friday, May 28 was over. As soon as he was finished with his test we packed the car with golf clubs, car set and hospital bag (in case I went into labor in Birmingham :). *Disclaimer - my doctor said it was ok to go), and our suitcase. We had a great time even if the Rebels did get put out of the tournament by LSU! We stayed at Ross Bridge Spa and Golf Resort and it was beautiful! Matt played golf while I rode with him and worked on my photography skills and we also had messages!! And last, but certainly not least we did stay with Matt's Nana and Papa one night and of course ate at Petruccelli's. What a weekend! We are back at home now working on last minute baby details, I will post pictures of all our work soon!

This is Matt putting on the first hole and you can see our hotel behind him! I thought it was a cool view.
And this is him chipping his ball onto the green at 9 with the geese helping him out.

No comments: