Saturday, June 19, 2010

Jackson's First Day at Home

Yesterday was Jackson's first day at home. We were discharged from the hospital and made it home around 1:00. He did so well when we got home! Elle and Knox of course went crazy trying to sniff and lick him, but it did not phase him at all, he just slept right through it. We put him in the bassinet while Mama and I put up everything and Matt ran errands. He slept so well and did not fuss at all. Fast forward to Friday night and apparently he was tired of sleeping. I am not exaggerating when I say Matt and I slept no more than 45 minutes at a time all night long. He cried and cried and cried. He was not wet or hungry. When I did feed him he spit up for the first time after I laid him down so I changed his clothes and bedding. A few minutes later he spit up again so I changed everything again. Finally around 4:00 we gave up and Matt let him sleep on his chest (please don't turn us into child services). I fed him at 6:00 and as soon as I was done we gave him to Munchkin and Matt and I went to sleep. I was more in shock than anything that he did not want to sleep and of course today he is sleeping like a champ! Matt and I even set our alarms last night to make sure we got up on time to feed him (ha ha! Are we first time paretns or what). Let's hope he sleeps tonight. Poor Matt is on call tomorrow so he is sleeping in the back bedroom and Mama is sleeping with me.







These were the pictures we took right before we left the hospital and on the ride home! Little Jackson slept the entire way.

1 comment:

Grma Anna said...

Dear Laura and Matt:
Oh my goodnes! What a day and night ya'll had. Thank goodness Munchkin was there to help. Hopefully tonight, ya'll can sleep.
Sometime those babies get their days and nights mixed up.
He is precious and just adorable.
Mr.David and I are sending lots of love from Texas.
Love,
Gramma Anna