Thursday, June 24, 2010

1 Week Old

Jackson was 1 week old yesterday and has already made so much progress!

He weighed 6lbs and 11oz at birth and 6lbs 4oz when we left. He still weighed 6lbs 4oz at his check up 2 days after we left the hospital which the nurse said was good. He has his first doctor's appointment next Thursday and I cannot wait to see how much he weighs now because he eats like a champ.

He eats every 3 hours for about an hour which is great for sleeping. He only wakes up every 3 hours at night now. Which I am really excited about. He started sleeping when we figured out he was gassy. The lactation consultant at the hospital told us breast fed babies don't need to be burped, but she didn't know Jackson is half Dickerson. We burp him and give him gas medicine after every feeding and he his a different baby. I am just excited it only took us 5 days to figure it out.

His eyes have turned more blue and he still hates getting his diaper changed. He just does not like being cold so when we strip him down he screams!!! Hopefully he will grow out of that soon.

He keeps his little hand up at his face all the time. He only straightens them out when he stretches which is adorable.
He is so little. The only clothes that fit him are Carter's new born onesies. Everything else is too big, but we make it work.

I know I am bias, but he is the most adorable baby boy in the world! I stare at him even when I should be sleeping.

Happy 1 week birthday Jackson!!!

1 comment:

The Lindley Family said...

I cannot believe a nurse told you that you didn't have to burp a breastfed baby! Both of my kids were very gassy/acid reflux babies most of their first year even while they were breastfed. I always burped mine at least every 10-15 minutes and they still spit up! Jackson is precious - thanks for all the updates!