Tuesday, June 8, 2010

False Alarm Number 2

This blog could also be called "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." That's what Matt said he was going to start calling Peanut. We made another trip to the hospital yesterday. I went to work on Monday wanting to finish everything up since I knew Peanut was getting ready to come. Well by 1:00 my contractions were 5 minutes apart and if you know anything about pregnancy that is when they want you to call. I called my doctor and he wanted me to come on in to the office. Jamie and Kimberly G were nice enough to take me!! After Dr. Carroll watched my contractions and saw that I was another cm dilated he sent me over to the hospital hoping he could slow Peanut down since I was not yet 37 weeks. After 7 hours my contractions had lightened up a little and I had not dilated any more they gave me the option to stay there and have my doctor check me in the morning or go home. I JUMPED at the chance to go home!! Everyone knows there is no such thing as a good night sleep in a hospital. We got home about 11:00 and I was so glad to get in my bed and I better get use to my bed because I am now on bed rest until Thursday. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday and will hopefully know more then. I think Dr. Carroll will let Peanut come Thursday, but we will see. The good news is Gran is here to take care of me!! She always took care of me as a child when I was sick so she has a lot of practice and is really good at it.


Before all my crazy contractions started we (my mom and Mrs. Shelia) were able to put the final touches on the nursery this last weekend. The glider came in on Friday and Aunt Anna finished a canvas she did for her little nephew. Look how cute the room is!!

2 comments:

Lisha said...

did i spy with my little eye a set of mini golf clubs in that adorable nursery?!

The Miller's said...

Oh yea!! Munchkin gave them to him!