Thursday, June 17, 2010

Peanut Is Now Jackson!!

Our morning started out at 4:00 a.m. when my alarm went off. We had to be at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. in order to get checked in and ready for Peanut's arrival. Munchkin, Matt, and I made it to the hospital and settled in for what we thought was going to be a long day. I was a little nervous about labor and delivery, but Peanut made it easy on me. I was already 4cm dilated that morning and by 9:00 a.m. I had been induced and given an epidural. Time flew that entire morning. Matt and I just hung out watching TLC and at 11:30 my nurse told me this baby was ready to come. Everything I had worried so much about was turning out to be SO much easier than it looks on TV! I started to push at noon and by 12:21 Jackson Allen Miller arrived weighing 6 pounds 11 oz and measuring 19.5 inches long. Our lives will never be the same and we could not be happier. Words cannot express just how blessed we our.Proud parents. I could not believe it when I saw him. I had spent the last 9 months wondering what he would look like and now I knew.
Proud Papa!
Proud Mama.

He is my little man!! We both were looking at each other wondering "what just happened"

After Jackson was cleaned up and we got to spend a few minutes with him it was time to meet the rest of his family at the hospital! His She She.....

Gran Dan and She She

Munchkin
Munchkin and Big R. Big R was just glad to know his name finally!
All of the family including beaming great grand parents Gran and Paw!

Munchkin and Corey looking on! Munchkin couldn't wait to get her hands on him!

And she finally did! She has held him more than I have I think!

Then She She got her turn!

Proud Uncle Buster was a natural.

Finally it was Corey's turn. We had to make her take him! She was scared to death! As soon as she got him she handed him right back! It was so overwhelming she started crying!

The Miller Men!!

Gran Dan and She She

Bring on the guest! We had so many visitors the day Jackson arrived and we LOVED every minute of it! Morgan, Macey, and Laura fell in love with my little guy too, but how could you not?
Jackson's first day was a busy one, but he is the most loved baby in the world and we could not be happier he is here.

2 comments:

Lisha said...

we are so happy for you guys!!!

Laura said...

ahh!! i'm so excited for yall! so glad we got to be there on his birthday! morgan and i are bringing yall dinner when your stash gets low... in exchange, we would like to test jackson's primitive reflexes. thanks.