Sunday, September 5, 2010

Game Day

The day started off so promising and beautiful, but ended with heartbreak and disappointment. Jackson's face sums it all up and we were just as upset as he was. But Saturday was a big day of first regardless of how the rebels played. It was a beautiful fall morning when Jackson and I woke up. I gave him a bath and put him in his bouncer to watch College Game Day for the first time. He seemed to really like it until he fell asleep. When he woke up his Big R and Munchkin had arrived and Daddy had gotten home from work. We headed out to Barry and Macey's and on the way over he fell asleep again and slept until halftime of the game. He slept through the best part of the game. Here are the pictures of Jackson watching game day. Look how happy he was. In the picture below he was looking over my shoulder trying to see the TV while I took his picture. Typical male.

This was at Barry and Macey's. He slept SO long. Look at those cheeks. He's storing food in there for the winter.He decided to wake up for the second half, but the second half was ugly.

I know the rebels played terrible, well at least the defense did, but I am not down about our entire season. I think we will still do well this year and this is coming from the person who threatens to be an Alabama fan every year when we do something bone headed like this. I explained to Jackson that this is Ole Miss' MO, we have to do something bone headed every year. I am hoping we can go to the Vandy game and take Jackson to the Grove for the first time, but we will have to see what Matt's schedule looks like. So for now the rebels put a damper on our weekend, but we will survive, we always do.

No comments: