Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Keeping It Real Wednesday

Look at this face - I would not typically post a not so great picture, but that is what "Keeping It Real Wednesday" is all about!!There are so many things I could post on this very first edition of Keeping it Real Wednesday, but I decided to go with the logistical adventures of the Garage Tent Santa brought Jackson. First, "Santa" ordered it from Pottery Barn and when it came in the polls for it were 6 feet long. I decided it would be a good idea to take in to Caledonia over Thanksgiving to save space in the sleigh when we went back at Christmas. This was one of the best ideas I ever had, but the good ideas ran out shortly there after. Not only did it free up space for other gifts on our Christmas trip home, but my parents, I mean Santa's elves put it together and we did not have to. So on to the Garage Tent logistics Part II, getting it back home to Brandon. Since there was not enough room for all of Jackson's loot on the way home from Caledonia (please note this was only stuff from my parents and 2 of the 3 sets of great grandparents), Uncle Buster had to come down and bring it. That was awful sweet of him and we thought we were in the home stretch with this over-sized boy tent when we discovered it would not fit in the doorway of our hall or Jackson's room. This lead us to Part III and over the edge! Matt proceeded to take the door off the hinges, but that didn't work so he dismantled it. We finally got it to Jackson's room and it was too big. So in the guest room it went. Along with Jackson's cradle he is now too big for, a ride on toy his She She got him, AND a swing he never really liked to be put in. So if you are coming to stay be prepared to step over baby gear in order to climb into bed!! And when you finally make it in bed pray the ceiling does not collapse on you from all of the CRAP we have had to put in the attic!!!

Happy Hump Day

1 comment:

Lisha said...

I'm just letting you know now that I will probably sleep in the tent next weekend. You know my ability to fall asleep anywhere can come in handy sometimes...