Monday, May 16, 2011

11 Months Old

Our J-Man is 11 months old today and I cannot believe it!  He has grown up too fast.  He has such a wonderful little personality and is such a little trooper!  Matt and I have not missed a beat since he came along.  We still go out to eat, to baseball games, and travel.  We have the philosophy that we can live with Jackson and not for Jackson.  He needs to be a social butterfly and use to staying on the go.  We went to Oxford on Saturday and that is where we took these pictures.  Even though Oxford is the best place on earth it is always freezing there!  J-Man is dressed in a fleece jacket and toboggan in May!!!  We walked to the square for dinner and then to the baseball game.  It was J-Man's first baseball game at Swazye Field and he brought them luck!  They beat State 12 to 3.
Between dinner and the game we walked down the last block off University before campus.  That is where the house I want is.  We walked by it and day dreamed of what it would be like to live there.  Matt is sold on it because I told him we would not go to The Grove.  We would stay in our house and tailgate.  Everyone could stop in and hang out since it is so close to The Grove.  And the house across the street is the one my mom likes so we could take turns hosting tailgates in our houses.
So back to J-Man's 11 month birthday.  He woke up so happy this morning and grabbed Petie and Dougie before crawling over to me out of his bed.  He was all smiles all morning.  He was playing hard and talking up a storm.  We had a lot to talk about.  He can make all kinds of sounds with his mouth now and mimic you when you do them.  Of course he can give 5, play patty cake, and kind of blow a kiss.  He still loves Dougie and Petie, but mainly when he is sleepy.  He puts himself to sleep at night after I give him a bottle.
He still is not talking, but Matt and I are convinced that one day he is just going to look up at us and speak in complete sentences.  He knows what's going on, but just not sure how to verbalize it yet.  He still only has 2 teeth, but drools up a storm so he has to be cutting more teeth.  He never meets a stranger and will go to anyone that wants him which is pretty much everybody!  I can't take him to the grocery store, not because he is bad, but because we get stopped on every aisle with people telling me how cute he is.  And on that topic, when we were in the grocery store on Fratty Friday while Jackson was wearing his Ole Miss jersey an older man stopped us and told me how pretty my little girl was.  When I text Matt to tell him this, his response was we need to get him a hair cut.  We can blame it on his hair and smocked outfits, but I think the bottom line is that he is just pretty.  Plain and simple.
He knows to cheese it up when he sees a camera.  You pull a camera out and he immediately looks at it and smiles.  Lord help us.
I'm not sure what we were doing here, but I thought it was a funny.
He is eating pretty much anything we eat as long as it is not spicy, but is not a big fan of fresh strawberries or bananas, although he will eat strawberry and banana yogurt.  He LOVES club crackers.  But not a big fan of apple juice, he prefers mixed fruit juice.  His drink of choice is whole milk, he drinks about 25 ounces a day (sorry Dr. Freeman).  His pediatrician recommended we only give him 12 ounces a day because he does not want him to fill up on it and not eat.  Well, not eating is not a problem for this kid!  He eats plenty!  He is just a thirsty kid!
Look at that sweet face!  He still sleeps from 7:30 to 6:30 and I could not be happier.
Yeah!!  Go Rebels!!  He would clap when the crowd clapped!  I love him so much and love the little man he has become.  I don't want him to grow up, but I can't wait to see the man he becomes one day!  Happy 11 month birthday J-Man.  Only one more month until your birthday bash!

No comments: