Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baby Shower in Oxford

The words Oxford, baby, and shower conger up the most delightful emotions.  Oxford = Gods country even though we established this weekend Oxford is bad for your self esteem with all of the 100 pound tan 20 year old girls running around, but I guess if you are male that is Heaven, but I digress.  Baby = the most precious gift from God and shower = a gathering of friends.  Great friends getting together in the best place on earth to celebrate a miracle.  Top all of that off with great food, belly laughing discussions, shopping and a tea party to celebrate the royal wedding.  Oh my!
We were minus 3 good friends, but we'll all get together again soon!  Friday night we watched the royal wedding in workout clothes and royal wedding approved hats while sipping beverages out of tea cups and snacking on crumpets.  It was like we were 8 again having a tea party!  Then it was up early Saturday morning where we had Shannon's baby shower at City Grocery and moseyed around the square buying art and jewelry that we or course didn't need.  We ended the night by retiring to the hotel around 7:00 and staying up until God knows how late talking.  It was hard to leave on Sunday and go back to real life, but I even caught myself laughing on Monday as I thought about our antics and late night conversations.  I am so blessed to have such great friends and hope we always make an effort to see each other.  I will post some pictures of our hats as soon as I get them from Lisha, but don't get in a hurry, she is the busiest SAHM on the planet!

No comments: