Thursday, August 30, 2012

Are You Ready?


HELL YEA!  DAMN RIGHT!!! Hotty Toddy gosh all mighty who the hell are we?  Hey, flim flam, bim, bam Ole Miss by damn!!

 I know these are not great, but they are the best I could do with 2 kids during the middle of a hurricane.  Ok, ok, a tropical storm, but still.

I have chills in anticipation for football, I look at my count down timer daily, and I have replayed the theme to College Game Day over and over in my head ("We're coming to your cita")!!  I am cautiously optimistic about our Rebels this year, but most of all I am just ready for football in general.  Pre-season NFL only makes me angry and since we don't have a kids playing high school football yet it just make me want the real thing more.  Waking up to Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Chris Fowler, and thousands of screaming fans, getting together with friends to watch football, eating lots of tail-gating food, and the smell of fall in the air.  It warms my heart.  It's football season in the south y'all!  It's not better than the meaning of Christmas, but it does rival Christmas time.



Life in the south revolves around football and our children's priorities are no different.  Since Jackson was 3 months old he has been exposed to football and Mary Frances was born during Bowl season.  They have been and will continue to be immersed in it!  Back when Ole Miss regularly made bowl games tickets and hotel rooms were our Christmas gifts!



And so tonight officially kicks off football season with South Carolina and Vandy squaring off and I can hardly wait!  The menu is planned, my outfit (as well as the kids' outfits) have been selected, and we are ready for the kick off of the 2012 season!!

Actually, there is one thing I do not like about football season, (most) State fans.  Most of them are SO annoying!  I do have to admit that I work with a few that know their place in the world and don't view the Egg Bowl as some sort of National Championship.  I am so ready for our rivalry to be non-competitive again.  They just get on my last nerve.  At least LSU and Alabama have had major success.  I would be that annoying if my team had 14 national championships.  But all State fans have to talk about is the Egg Bowl.  Get a grip and find some bigger fish to fry!  And in their defense, we just need to start frying fish!  Ahh!  Just saying.

 I snapped a few more of Mary Frances while Jackson was letting Aunt Anna in.  She is staying with them today since schools are closed.  Thanks goodness for Aunt Anna!!

And I need to apologize in advance to Mitt.  I will be recording your speech and watching it later because football starts tonight!!  I'm sure you understand since you're a Rebel fan!!



Hotty Toddy Y'all!

No comments: