Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Carnival Fun

I wasn't sure how Jackson would take to trick or treating and since Matt had to work I didn't want to find out by myself with 2 kids!  So off to the Halloween Carnival at the park.  It was our first year to attend and Aunt Anna, Uncle Barry, and Kensy were so sweet to come meet us!  Especially considering they do not have children!
 Jackson was actually excited about putting his costume back on for the event and this mama was so relieved.  Although, he was a little confused about why everyone kept calling him Mickey Mouse.  Bless his heart.
And Franny Bean had the time of her life riding in the wagon.  She loved being pulled around like the little princesses that she is!
 Jackson's excitement quickly turned to shyness when we got in.  He didn't want to get in any of the moon walks and jump nor did he want to play with his friends.  At one point he told me he wanted to go home.
Well, at this point home was not an option.  We had come all this way and we were going to have fun dang it!  Jackson finally warmed up to the large blow-ups and of course was not ready to stop going down the slide when it was time to go!
Story of my life!  A 2 year old that doesn't want to do what I want him to do.  My mother reminded me that she had a 2 year old like that once.  And after she said that I do remember that Buster was a hand full at 2.  :)  Because we ALL know she didn't mean me.

 Aunt Anna got a great action shot of J-Man having a blast!
 Then it was back home and back to reality.  I thought I would let everyone see the worn out side of Halloween!  In a daze watching Mickey Mouse and eating a quick banana snack before bed!  I was mainly giving her bananas since I felt so guilty for letting her eat fries and chicken nuggets for dinner.


No comments: