Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Keeping It Real Wednesday

I have been a little MIA when it comes to Keeping It Real Wednesday and it's not because of a lack of an imperfect life, it's simply because I don't have the time!
This was our house on Halloween night.  I didn't go to bed with it looking like this, but I have begun to let more and more things go.  It's inevitable with children, but I was REALLY hoping I wouldn't let it happen to me.  But it has and I am owning it!  I'm just looking forward to cubbies and the new house so everything I unload out of the car doesn't end up on my kitchen counters.
 Beds don't get made, toys don't ALL get picked up, only the ones in our walking path, make-up doesn't get put neatly back under the sink, and if a pillow is not in it's place on the couch I leave it.  Even after Jackson was born I still tackled these smaller house keeping items.  But these days it's a win to get dinner cleaned up.
Our kids are fed, clean, and everything is ready for the next day and beyond that I don't really care.  I do have the laundry gene from my mother and do at least one load of laundry every night, but getting it put up is another story.  By the time I get it folded the kids are in bed asleep and I don't want to wake them up by going in there room to put it up so it sits on the kitchen bar.
I think it was a few weeks ago when I hit my breaking point.  I went home on my lunch break because it was driving me crazy to think about my house looking like this.  After spending my entire lunch break trying to clean my house so I wouldn't have a panic attack.  That's when I realized I had to let some things go.  And the priority become full and clean children and read to take on the next day.  Whether that's making sure everyone's clothes are laid out or the swim bag makes it in the car.  Everything else can get done later on and preferable when Dad is home to help wrangle the kiddos.  I do need to add that the other piece to this equation is that Matt is usually not home until bedtime.  He helps as he can and when he can, but when you work 80 hours a week it's a little hard.

It's ok though, in 6 years I'm getting a full time maid/cook!  Ha ha ha!

No comments: