Monday, May 13, 2013

Baby #3 - Large and In Charge

This poor baby has not had the blog time of our first two nor will he have the pictures I am sure.  I think it is inevitable or so everyone with more than 2 tell me.  Even with Franny I had a fraction of pictures from the hospital with her that I did with Jackson, but I blame that on her surprise arrival.  I think this is one of maybe 3 belly shots I have taken.  I really hate taking them, but I think the kids will like seeing them when they get older.  And as you can see and I can feel I have reached maximum capacity at 35 weeks!  This dude has run out of room.


Facts about baby #3:
1.  He was a surprise baby.  And after calculating the odds of me even getting pregnant a third time while breast feeding a 10 month old and taking birth control my odds we .3%.  That's right, less than 1%.  He's our little miracle!  God's got his plan and laughing at mine.  He laughs at me and my plans a lot, but that's fine with me.  I have no complaints.
2.  No, we are not keeping the name a secret, we just have no idea what we are naming him.  I think we have it narrowed down to 2, but those 2 keep changing.  I think once I see him I'll know.  Jackson has so far voted for Mickey Mouse, Joseph (since we have a Mary), and Jack.  I usually refer to him as Dale, after Dale Earnhardt Sr, since he was number 3.  Gotta love Nascar!
3.  I am not going to play it cool and act like this pregnancy has been easy these last 3 weeks.  I was trucking right along just fine and then contractions started at 33 weeks.  After that I have gotten uncomfortable.  It's not the contractions that have caused it because the medication I am taking has stopped them, but there are one or more contributing factors to my uncomfortable state:
  1.  I am older
  2.  I am chasing 2 under 2 around
  3.  Matt is rarely home
  4.  I have been pregnant and or breast feeding non stop with the exception of one month since October 2009.  My body is really ticked at me right now.
  5.  This baby is bigger, he was measuring over 4 pounds at 33 weeks.  Jackson weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and Mary Frances weighed 5 lbs 4 oz at birth.
4.  I have gained almost 30 pounds this time, but have not gained more weight in the last 2 weeks.  Same thing with the first two.  I got to the same spot on the scale at the end and kind of just stayed there until they came.  I had my doctor look it up b/c I was feeling so much bigger.  He just laughed at me, but he does that a lot.  I am glad I can serve as his entertainment, especially since I go see him weekly since 32 weeks.  We're tight.
5.  My favorite restaurant in Sombra Mexican Kitchen and we even ate there for Mother's Day, but I can't go back until after this baby is born because I can't handle the onions.  It's so sad.
6.  I have missed wine, beer, and margaritas from Sombra only (I can't stand margaritas otherwise).  I mean, it's not like I have ever been a big drinker, but I will have about 2-3 drinks a month (more when Strawberry Abita comes out or it's free champagne at a wedding).  But I think being so limited these last 3 years have gotten to me.  I didn't care when I was pregnant with the first two, but I wanted a glass of wine so bad with my steak on my birthday I couldn't stand it.  And I do have a 6 pack of Strawberry Abita hidden in our house for consumption after this baby comes.  And all 6 are mine!  Matt even puts his Abita in cups to try and disguise what he's drinking.  Isn't that sweet?  Ha ha ha!

My discomfort could be linked to one or all of these factors, but this go round my feet hurt, it is painful some nights to get up out of bed, I don't sleep well and granted going to the bathroom all night and being woken up by one or both of my children don't help matters, but even when I should be able to sleep I can't, my ribs hurt, and I can't really eat much and when I do it hurts.  I usually eat breakfast and lunch and don't eat much for dinner.  By that point in the day I have no more room.  I am not complaining (well kind of), but this baby appears to be healthy and I need him to stay put at least another 2 weeks.  I think we'll make it though.  I'll take whatever pain I have to (including my weekly shots) to make sure this little guy is healthy.  It has just confirmed the fact that we are done having kids.  It is going to take surgical procedures for everyone involved to prevent any more adorable Miller's, but I'll gladly take one for the team.

Those are all the facts I can think of at this point and hopefully Dale won't be mad he only got 2 blog posts dedicated to him before his arrival.  I can assure you as busy as we are and as routine as having 3 kids in 3 years might sound, this little guy will be loved equally and bring just as much joy into our lives as the first two. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to be the mother of these 3 children and will never understand how God picked me, but I am glad he did.  Especially considering I am half crazy all the time.  Can't wait to meet you Dale!

No comments: