Monday, August 16, 2010

Road Trip

After Jackson got his first set of shots we loaded the car and headed to Birmingham. He woke up in the car after being on the road for an hour and a half, but it was time for him to eat. After being fed and getting a diaper change he fell back asleep and made it another hour. He was not very happy when he woke up for the second time and I was starting to question my sanity for taking a 2 month old on a road trip after shots. The doctor told us not to give him Tylenol unless he ran a fever. Well, after he woke up for the second time and we still had an hour left on the road I gave him some Tylenol and he stopped feeling bad. Matt was against it, but I guess it was a mother's instinct. I could tell my little guy felt bad. Once we made it to Birmingham (an hour later than it should have) it was all worth it to see the look on Matt's grandparents' face when they saw Jackson for the first time. After all he is named after them.

This was us trying to take a picture before we left on Sunday. Babies don't really get into taking pictures. Nana could not have been happier and Jackson looked like he was enjoying it too!!
Grant (Matt's youngest cousin) was GREAT with him!! He fed him, and even burped him. Now if we can get him to change diapers we'll be in god shape. FYI - He is growing his hair out for the 3rd time to have it cut for locks of love. He is such a sweet heart. How many 7th grade boys would do that?
This was the final picture we went with. The ceiling fan was on so Jackson was glued to it.
Look at that face!!
Daddy and son!
This was Saturday afternoon when we took Jackson to shop. Look how much stuff we had to take along. I only wish I had taken a picture of all the luggage we took for the weekend.
My Aunt Teresa, Uncle Bo, Carrie, and her fiance Rory came to meet Jackson while we were in town since they live in Bham too. Aunt Teresa didn't let anyone else hold Jackson, I think she liked him a little.

No comments: