Monday, December 13, 2010

Busy Busy Weekend

Jackson and I hung out yesterday while Matt was on call! Sunday started out a little crazy b/c the power went out at church between the 9:30 and 11:00 services. Since our sanctuary is huge and has no windows they had to cancel the 11:00 service. So in our 11:00 3 year old Sunday school class we had barely gotten coats off of the kids when we had to put them right back on and send them out the door. So Jackson and I made it home early. We had a busy afternoon of juning (definition of juning - it originated from Rex [imagine that]. It is a term used to describe doing chores around the house and just buzzing around in general). I had pies to make and get ready for the week. J-man was so good while I got everything done and when we sat down to play he just laughed and laughed. He is such a sweet little boy! I thank God for him every day.

Friday and Saturday were pretty packed too. Friday night our small group came over and Saturday my parents and Buster came down. I needed some major help from my mom. I had so much to do because we are having Anna's graduation party at our house. I am super excited and it gave me the kick in the rear I needed to get my house in order. I had not even wrapped any Christmas gifts. Thanks to Matt we got that done and all of the closets in our house have now been cleaned out thanks to my mom; however, now all that junk is in the attic :).

Speaking of tons to do - I am constantly looking for ways to make my life easier between working and taking care of an almost 6 month old. So this morning I broke down and put Jackson's bottles in the dishwasher. Having to wash them every night is for the birds. Unless someone comments and says this is a terrible idea I think this is the wave of the future.

But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19

1 comment:

Brian and Darrie said...

I am surprised you lasted that long handwashing his bottles! Ha, but YES it is SO the way to go...but them in the dishwasher!!!