Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas - a tad late

Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

Gran and Paw came down to keep Jackson the Wednesday and Thursday before Christmas because Jackson's day care closed at noon on Wednesday. That seems early to me, but I was glad Gran and Paw could come down and hang out with us. Matt and I were not sure how late he would have to work on Christmas Eve Eve, so we had Gran and Paw loaded Jackson up and took him on to Columbus after he ate at 9:30. He did great riding with them and slept the entire way. Later that afternoon we left town with the dogs in tow, it was like old times. When we got into town my dad had to take Jackson by the hardware store and the bank to show him off! It was adorable!!
On Christmas Eve we started out at Mrs. Karen's (see Fratty Friday), made our way to Gran and Paw's, headed to Matt's grandmother's in Alabama, and finally back to Cali to get in bed and wait on Santa. Jackson slept better than I did, I was too excited to sleep.

Christmas morning was fabulous! We stayed at my parents' house, but Gran, Paw, Gran Dan, She She, Aunt Anna, and Aunt Mimi all came for breakfast and to see Jackson on Christmas morning!! What could be better? Um, a white Christmas? Yup, it snowed!!! Can you believe it? Jackson loved every minute of it until we wore him out. He took a good nap and came back for round 2!
The next day it was off to Birmingham in more snow!

We had a great Christmas and could not have asked for a better one. Although - I have wish I had done a few things differently
1. Matt was right (don't tell him I admitted that) we should have put a limit on what everyone got Jackson. There are only so many toys one child needs. Next year we will donate more and spend less on him. Our house is busting at the seems with toys!
2. I want to leave Santa's Reindeer some food and a run way next year!
3. I wish I had taken more pictures of Jackson and all his cousins.
Whew - what a Christmas! It was so special and we are blessed beyond words! Merry Christmas!

No comments: