Monday, August 1, 2011

Hurricane Jackson


Hurricane Jackson has hit our living room.  It looked like this all weekend.  We would clean it up when he went to bed, but the next morning he would tear through it again.  I wish I had gotten a picture of the cherry coke box and milk jug sitting out too.  He has ALL these toys, but gets 'toys' from the garbage.  And I am not real sure why the bar stool is in the middle of the living room floor, it was there when I got back from the grocery store.  As long as no one is hurt and nothing is broken, I don't ask questions.
Jackson has also started going over to the dog toy box and bringing bones over for Elle and Knox to play with.  When they don't take the bait he tries putting it in his mouth to show them what they should do with it and when that doesn't work he drops it and moves on.  It is hysterical!  I think he is just tired of Knox getting his golf balls.  He'll be in the middle of a par 4 and Knox runs off with the ball!  It makes for a bad score. 

Jackson continues his sleeping through the night revolt.  He has been waking up at 11:30 EVERY night for a week.  I read up on some developmental info for this age and it said this is when he would start dreaming and since the dream cycle is about 4 hours this would make sense because he goes to be at 7:30.  Although last night he woke up at 3:00 and layed is bed yelling "dog" and doing the sign for dog.  I should have thrown Elle and Knox in bed with him to see if that would help him sleep.  We are up to 3 words now, da-da, uh oh, and dog.  Matt says he can say mama, but I think he is still just jabbering and not associating it with anything.

We had a great weekend and tried to enjoy seeing Matt since we won't see much of him the next 3 months.  He is starting his orthopedic surgery rotations.  Leaving when it's dark and getting home when it's dark and for some reason this is what he wants to do for a living??  He promises it will be better in 3 years, but that number keeps moving up on me.  A week ago it was 2 and then the other day he added a year on it.  We'll see...........  Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What does the PGA have to say the official ruling is when an animal takes your ball off of the course? I would hope he gets a free drop!

The Miller's said...

I will need to consult Jackson's caddy (Matt) on that.