Monday, August 15, 2011

Rough Day

The day started out as a mixed bag, poor Matt over slept and didn't get up at his usual 4:00 a.m., but I got up early to get the day/week started.  Bad for him, but good for the J-Man and me.  Jackson and I made it out the door with no melt downs or food messes and ready to start the day in his big boy class.  New outfit and all! 
That was until we got to his big boy class.  It is the same day care, but different teachers and a different room.  I never imagined how hard it would be on him.  When I sat him down he began to cry, but stopped after I picked him up and got him a muffin.  I knew he was not his usual happy self when I left him, but I never thought he would have a rough day.  I could not wait to get back and check on him.  I wanted to hear all about nap time on the nap mat and playing outside, but when I got there he was crying.  The teacher said he had a rough day and been crying most all day, she might as well have ripped my heart out.  His little eyes were red and he had a bruise on his cheek where he ran into the door on the way to snack time.  As soon as I had him in my arms he was immediately happy and was hamming it up like normal.  That made my day, but I still hated he had been so upset all day.
Of course he was happy as a lark when we got home, but being with mama and da-da, getting a full belly, and watching Monday Night Football would make anyones day better.  Isn't that face SO much better (although you can tell his little eyes are red from crying)?  He crashed about 7:00.  He didn't even want his bedtime milk.  He threw the cup down and just pointed at the bed.  As soon as Matt laid him down he looked so happy and content to be in his bed with his Dougie.  But again after a long hard day who doesn't just want to get in their bed?  I can only pray that tomorrow will be better.  This mama and more importantly my J-Man can't handle any more rough days.
As for the plumber crack you see here - this is Jackson new outfit he wore for his first day at school.  I knew his waist was narrow, but this is bad.  The shirt is a 12 to 18 month and fits as you can see, but the shorts, the shorts are 3 to 6 months!!!  Bless him, he's built like his daddy.  Now I only pray our poor daughter is too.  :)
He was saggin!
But still the cutest little boy ever!  I love this little dude and can't stand it that he had a rough day.  I only pray that tomorrow is MUCH better.

No comments: