Sunday, August 14, 2011

What a Great Weekend

Matt was not scheduled to have a day off this entire month, but after being awake for 36 hours on call and working 12 days straight they had pity on him and gave him the weekend off.  Jackson and I were beside ourselves with excitement!!  We had a full weekend!  On Saturday I had lots of errands to run and things to mark off my checklist.  As I was getting ready this is what I came out of the bathroom to find....
Everyone in my house was napping except for me!  I left them all to sleep and ran out to get my errands done.  And that night Aunt Anna kept the J-Man while Matt and I went to see The Help!  A whole weekend as a family AND a date night!!  WAHOO!
We actually got ready early for church so we took a little time to snap a picture of everyone dressed up!  I always pick Jackson's clothes out the night before and Matt dresses him while I get ready on Sundays.  It is always some what of a battle to get Matt to put Jackson in the outfit I want.  Matt doesn't like all of J-Man's smocked outfits, but my time is limited with him being a little guy and I want to take advantage of it!  So needless to say Matt was not pleased with Jackson's attire today, but I thought he looked handsome.  We also took some time to take a bump picture.
It's the belly bump at 18 weeks.  I have definitely gotten bigger faster with baby, let's just hope that slows down.
In big boy news, here is Jackson's sleep mat that he will start sleeping on at day care tomorrow.  :(
I unrolled it in the floor to see what he would do and he immediately walked over to it and laid down.  That is promising!
He really seems to like it.  I am just glad day care has to make him sleep on it and not me, although he is moving from three naps to one so he might sleep any where!  What I find most interesting, is that a nap mat with cover, pillow, and blanket were required.  When I was little I had a blue and red mat with no cover, pillow, or blanket and I special ordered Jackson's off etsy.  What is this world coming to?
In other Jackson news he has found his stethoscope that his Munchkin bought him before he was even born.  He will just carry it around with him and wear it around his neck!  He is too funny!  And the ladies at church today told me that Jackson was "such a charmer."  Lord help us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a plus to having a girl next... you can dress her in smocked outfits for much longer than you can with boys!