Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Keeping It Real Wednesday

Jackson loves to read!!  He especially loved his Lighting McQueen book because it has objects to feel and flaps that move.  He is into any book he can interact with.
He'll pull books off his little bookshelf in the den and waddle up to you wanting you to read to him.  I just LOVE it!  He will actually sit still and cuddle up with you while you read to him.  He REALLY likes it when you let him turn the pages.
Last night I FINALLY broke down and let Jackson eat with a spoon.  To my surprise he did not make a huge mess and what did make it on the floor was quickly eaten by 2 cocker spaniels!!
He switched the spoon back and forth between his left and right hand, but did the best with his left.  Big R swears he will be left handed and he might just be right.  We'll see.  And speaking of Big R - I would like to point out to him that his food is in a bowl.  My dad is always concerned that Jackson does not eat off a plate.  We are getting there Big R.
Of course he picked it right up since he is a genius!  He still preferred his hand, but we will keep working on it.
He is just getting too big and it makes me so grateful we have another baby on the way.  If I did not have another baby to divert some of my attention I think I might be depressed about the J-Man growing up.  He is even moving from the 'Creeper' room to the 'Toddler' room at day care.  Which I was completely fine with UNTIL I received his supply list that included a NAP MAT!!  A WHAT?  Yes, a nap mat.  I don't understand, he is my baby, he sleeps in a crib.  Sigh.  This is one mommy that is in denial.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments: