Monday, February 13, 2012

Beaver Creek Part I - First Airplane Trip

Our little family loaded up and went to Beaver Creek for my best friend Meghan's wedding.  It has always been her dream to get married there since she grew up skiing in Vail.  We were there from Tuesday to Sunday and had the BEST time!  We took so many pictures I will be doing a Beaver Creek series the entire week.  My mom also went with us to take care of this kiddos while Matt and I skied and went to wedding parties.

 Here is the J-Man checking everything out before we took off.  This was actually before they made us de-board the plane in Jackson for a mechanical reason.  The thought of missing our connecting flight was too much for Matt and he was ready to walk over to the next terminal to catch the Southwest flight into Houston.
 Thank goodness they got it fixed in 30 minutes because our checkbook would have trembled when that transaction came through!  Matt takes his snow skiing seriously!!
 And my little Mary Frances slept most of the time since I kept her in the little cocoon.  She was snug as a bug in a rug!  Her and Jackson both did great!  Thankfully we were never THAT family on the plane.  J-Man's tubes kept his ears from hurting and I made sure Mary Frances was eating or had a paci each time we took off or landed.  J-Man did have a 30 minute squirm/whining fest from Houston to Vail, but he was tired of sitting and wanted to run down the aisle.  Ga-Ga got him calmed down and asleep before everyone on the plane wanted to throw us off.

We didn't take any pictures on our return trip, but it seemed harder than going.  The kids were good, but I felt like we had more stuff even though we didn't.  Maybe we were just exhausted and didn't have anything other than work and the real world to look forward to :)!  More to come of my adorable kids in the snow!

No comments: