Friday, February 10, 2012

Fratty Friday

We have a little bit of a repeat of last Fratty Friday, but we are all so excited that our Giants won the Super Bowl!  And I know it is not very fratty for your mom to crash your blog, but too bad.  I am the mom and I get to embaress my kids whenever I want to!!  Not to mention I was pretty fratty at one point.  :)
 Jackson and I both wore our Giants jerserys on Sunday to show our support for our Giants!  I am so happy one of our teams is doing well! 
 And I can assure you we are not band wagon fans like so many of the recent Saints fans after they won the Super Bowl.  We always watched professional football when I was growing up, but never had a team we pulled for.  We just pulled for the teams with Ole Miss players.
 These days it seems like all 32 NFL teams have players from Ole Miss, but when the Giants drafted Eli we all become Giants fans.  I guess it was because we were at Ole Miss the same time and worked for the football team while he played. 
 I was not as impressed with him in college (I was just trying to be different), but he has really proved himself personally and professionally.  While it may seem he has lived a privleged life I'm sure it was hard growing up and EVERYONE in the south knowing who you were then getting to the NFL and EVERYONE in the United States knowing who you are.
 I had to laugh at ESPN after the Super Bowl when they kept talking about Archie and Olivia.  Do you know the names of Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady's parents names?  I didn't think so!  Pretty crazy to think about huh?
 But, I will say when Jackson is a frat star at Ole Miss he will be there the same time as Eli and Abby's little girl.  I see a match made in heaven already.  But I also need to add my mom had Eli and me matched up from the time I was about 12.  While $90 million would suit me well, I am glad that match didn't work out.
 Now I have my little J-Man that pulls for the G-Men!  He is too cute and could not be happier that his Giants won!  Thanks for letting me crash the blog today!
 Go Giants!

No comments: