Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Graduation

Warning - If you have grown tired of me bragging about my children do not read this post!  I am about to brag on my husband and if you are tired of listening to me please stop visiting my blog.  Now for our moms, grandmothers, and aunts that are the only people left you may continue.

Graduations in the past have not usually meant much to me.  I have always compared them to brushing your teeth, they are something that you should just do.  Obviously high school is no great feat and the ceremony was more a waste of my time.  College was a little larger milestone, but still not something I got worked up over.  Medical school graduation is a little different for me.  I am so excited for Matt I cannot stand it!!  He has worked so hard and I am so proud to call him my husband!  He is being very humble about it and down playing it all, but I'm not going to be humble about it!  He is a genius!!  :)

Let's take a look back over the last 7 years to see what led us here.

Matt and I had been married for 3 years when he started medical school and only thought we knew how much it would rock our world.  Having tasted a life before medical school it was difficult to adjust, but we made it work and Matt did an excellent job of juggling both.  Especially after having children!
First came love and marriage.
Then a super fun life of traveling!
But it all slowed down after med school!  Matt studied 24/7.
And looked super fly in his short coat!
But after 2 years we thought we had the hang of it and had J-Man.
Talk about multi-tasking!
2 of the cutest dudes in scrubs EVER!
Then after less than a year with one kid, we thought, let's try another!!  Actually we didn't think that at all and God just surprised us with another.  But she has been the best surprise ever!
So, 18 months later here came Mary Frances!  As if life wasn't busy enough!
The past 4 years really have flown by and we find ourselves in a comfortable place enjoying Matt's 4th year and looking forward to graduation.  Not the ceremony of graduation or the closing of another chapter, but the accomplishment of something great.  Something few have ever done or will do.  God willing we will continue to live at a fast pace life, but slow down long enough to count our blessings.  Our blessings as we begin this month of May are endless.  Our little family is about to embark on a new journey.  A new journey that will include good times and bad, family time and hospital time, but most importantly Matt has been given the opportunity to have a career doing what he loves.  My cup runs over as we start this month of May where we will celebrate 7 years of marriage, the end of one era, and the beginning of another.  Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope you have enjoyed my trip down memory lane as much as I have!

No comments: