Friday, January 18, 2013

Fratty Friday

To say Jackson woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning might be an understatement.  Since his tonsil surgery, sleep has become some what of an obstacle.  He no longer requires as much sleep (since he finally gets quality sleep) and 8:00 pm to 3:00 am is his new normal.
He wakes up every morning around 3:00 am and comes to our bedroom.  I change his night time diaper and put him in bed with us.  If he went right back to sleep that would be one thing, but he doesn't.  He wants milk, he wants to chat, and this morning he told me he was hungry.
After about an hour and a half of this Matt went with him back to his room and laid down.  He stayed back there about 30 minutes and came back to bed, but his alarm was set for 3 minutes from then.  All the while Jackson was screaming and crying in his bed, but was too scared to get out since Matt threatened to spank him.  He eventually went back to sleep, but was a terror this morning.
This doesn't include the hour to hour and a half Matt and I lay in his bed with him at night trying to get him to go to sleep.  I have come to the realization, once a bad sleeper always a bad sleeper.  From birth he has been a challenge.  The worst night was when he and Mary Frances BOTH decided to keep us up.  He even gave Matt a fist pump at one point when Matt walked back in the room from getting Mary Frances back to sleep and said "good job Dad!"
I must admit that since his tonsil surgery he is a much better/sweeter kid since he is getting quality sleep.  He just doesn't require as much anymore.  I think I have made my mind up that we are going to start a new routine.  He doesn't have to go to bed at 8:00, he can go at 9:00 and we won't lay back there past his 2 books and prayers.  He has to go to sleep on his own.  We had accomplished this before he moved him to his big boy bed.  The same with at night, I will change his diaper if he wakes up wet, but then it's back in his bed.  He wants to chat too much in ours.
He finally perked up for these pictures when I asked him to do Hotty Toddy!  That's when his frattyness came out!  Until then I was calling him my 6 week old, he wakes up in the middle of the night wanting milk and a diaper change.
He is just lucky he is cute because otherwise I might not put up with as much!  My children are living proof that you parent children the same way and they turn out totally different (Gaga and Sheshe don't try to chime in here and say you raised Buster and Anna the same b/c no one is buying it :))  You give Mary Frances a little milk and she lays down in her bed without a peep and it's rare she wakes up during the night.  Not to mention she is SO laid back.  No one will ever accuse Jackson of being laid back.  I mean look at that face.
It's all ok though.  He is planning on cheering for the Rebels this weekend in the Tad Pad as they take on Arkansas!!  Go Rebels!  Actually, he is headed to Baton Rouge so mama and daddy can start packing (maybe).  I might just sleep the entire weekend.  I hope you have enjoyed my little terror this Friday!  He is a challenge, but I wouldn't change him for anything in the world.  He has his daddy's good looks and intelligent  but boy oh boy does he have my personality.  It's going to be a long 20 years.
And having said that, in case you live under a rock and didn't know baby #3 is a boy!  Bring it on!!  2 wild men and my little princess.  We couldn't be more blessed!  Happy Friday everyone and Hotty Toddy.

No comments: