Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Personal Responsibility

Between social media, traditional media, and various other outlets we are inundated with news stories every day.  Some stories grab our hearts, others generate little to no reaction at all, while some infuriate us and make us questions why people are the way they are.  Part of my job is to stay on top of telecom/wireless industry trends, news, and predictions.  In my daily search of industry news I occasionally  ok, almost always get side tracked when I see articles that interest me such as politics or trashy celebrity news.  I mean after all,  Kate Middleton and I are pregnant at the same time!!  But I digress.  

On more than one occasion everyday I mumble "personal irresponsibility" under my breathe as I sit at my desk. Some stories reek of lack of responsibility like the video below while others are subtle and may not register with you immediately.

So today, I ran across this video first and got mad and rolled my eyes, but went on about my day.  This lady is obviously is an idiot and all I can do is pray for her poor children.
The next news story that almost slipped by me was an article over outrage at Coke for trying to fight obesity.  Here was the quote in the article - "The Coca-Cola Company still remains one of the major causes of obesity in the USA and globally," says Barry Popkin, a nutrition professor at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill.  He goes on to say that Coke is trying to do damage control since they are a huge contributor to obesity.  Those evil Coke executives are out running around holding guns to our heads forcing us to drink their high calorie products.  Someone should really do something about them forcing innocent people to drink their product.  HELLO!!  Did anyone else catch that?  It's Coke's fault I decided to drink their product and then decided I'm not going to work out?  Amazing.  Our culture is crap and I have a hard time remembering everything I should be teaching my kids, like Jesus loves you and so do I, personal responsibility, be respectful of others even when they are idiots and it's hard, don't smoke or do drugs, you will fail at times but you have to pick yourself up and keep going, get and job and NEVER reply on anyone else.  Ahh, I am stressing thinking about it.

Sorry I had to vent and didn't post adorable pictures of my children that I pay for.  But I feel better now and might just go have a Coke!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

This is great and I needed a good laugh after out deep/depressing convo about the bleak future of our world filled with leaches that lack personal responsibility. Oh and I knew there was someone I could blame for my fat thighs!