Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Home

Disclaimer - This post is more for me than anything. 
 
This house has been our home for the last 6 years.  It was mine and Matt's first "house," it has seen a flood, a tornado, additions and improvements, and lastly and most importantly it is where we brought Jackson and Mary Frances home to.  

It has been a great home to us and it is with a mixture of sadness and excitement that we will leave it behind in January. As most of you probably know we have been looking for a house since March 16. So specific huh? Well, that is the day we found out we got to stay here for Matt's 5 year residency.
Apparently buying a house was not in the cards for us and for a while we didn't think building one was either. But after many months and many discussions we have broken ground!
As much as we love this house we are busting at the seems and ready to get in our new house.  These pictures are pretty deceiving since most of them were the ones we took when we put it on the market. 
 A few examples of how we are busting out.  We have a FULL storage unit with mainly toys and another bedroom set, the only furniture we NEED to buy for the new house is a dining room table and chairs, I can't move in our master bath when all 4 of us are in there and God forbid the dogs come join the party, we use the space under every bed in the house as storage, Matt can no long park in the garage for all our junk, we use our kitchen eating area for our clothes drying rack, and the list goes on and on.
In the new house I will have counter space, a mud room, a 4th bedroom for Gaga and Sheshe, a laundry ROOM, a 3 car garage, and the kids will have a play room.  All the while I know these are all really wants rather than needs and we don't need or deserve any of it, but man am I blessed to be getting it!  I don't go a day without knowing that.
So as much as I am going to miss these precious little rooms the new bigger rooms will be just as precious!


So on to the new pictures.  I drive out to the lot about 2 times a week.  It's only 8 minutes from my office!


 Please note the woods that the house backs up to!  Jackson and Mary Frances will have so much fun "exploring" like Buster and I used to.
 Dirt and more dirt!  Who knew dirt work was so complicated and expensive?
 All of this progress was in our first week.  I will try to keep the pictures coming!  I want to document our process for sure. 

Oh and I also need to note that my builder I are building this house.  Matt just met her the other day and doesn't have time to be involved in the process.  I think it's kind of funny, especially when people tell us that building a house tests a marriage.  I guess that's true if both of you are involved.  God love my husband.  I mean who else could give over everything?  Not me!
So now we just need everyone to pray for no rain from now until January!! 

No comments: