Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cha-Cha-Change

Nothing in life stays the same and who would want it to?  That would be boring!  As long as my family is together, happy, and healthy our world and the world around us can keep changing!  Over the next 6 months my little world will have LOTS of changes.  We will go from a family of 5 to 6 (Elle and Knox are our kids too even if they don't get the love they once did), Matt will graduate from medical school, I hope to move (even if it is just across town), the Rebels will have a new football coach and AD, my J-Man will be 2 (I can't count his age in months any more :( ), and I will turn 30 (AHHH).  I swear Matt and I just got married last year so when did we become a married couple of almost 7 years with two kids, 5 losing Ole Miss seasons under our belt, and a doctor in the family?  Minus the 5 losing seasons at Ole Miss, God has been beyond good to us, I just have to throw the Ole Miss reference in there because the wounds still feel so new :).  All joking aside we are blessed beyond belief and I get excited just thinking about what else God has in store for us.  Hopefully it is more healthy children, a winning football team, and a condo in Oxford, but we shall see.

So, about the pending changes in Oxford.  I could not be happier with Pete Boone leaving.  He was a terrible AD!!  Matt and I both worked for the athletic department since he has been there and after having many other friends work for or with him, we have first hand experience about his terribleness.  I have been on the fence about Nutt because I still don't understand how you can win 9 games 2 seasons in a row and then win 6 total in 2 years.  And yes, I am saying 6 games assuming we will lose our final two this season to LSU (obviously) and State.  All I can hope is that we finally get a stable winning coach that stays around for years.  I want Jackson to grow up in The Grove and going to Bowl games.  I think all kids deserve that.  Especially a kid that his first multiple word phrase after "uh-oh" was "go Rebels" and "football game." 
As for the game at hand today, I will be supporting my Rebels from home.  Yet antoher big change.  This will be the first Ole Miss LSU game I have missed in 11 years.  Matt and my parents have to work and I couldn't take on those LSU fans on my own with a toddler in tow.  Even though I will not be there physically I will be there in spirit hoping for an upset.  Sure I want to see another SEC national champion, but I also want to see the BCS go into madness and I have to pull for my Rebels.  Why stop now?  So if you are any where near Oxford today look out for flying corn dogs because the Ole Miss faithful will be there hurling them at the freakishly odd looking LSU fans.  And can I also add a disclaimer here to say that all of the LSU fans I know personally are really good people.  It is the freakishly odd dressing and acting people that give them a bad name, but they all still smell like corn dogs!  Hotty Toddy!

No comments: