Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lots to Celebrate

I can finally sleep at night and all is right with the world, Matt is back home after being gone for two months on away rotations!  I have not mentioned it because you never know what creepy people are reading your blog.  I have always had a great appreciation for military families that held the house down while the mom or dad were away, but now I have EVEN more appreciation for them!  Matt was only gone for 2 months, we saw him almost every weekend, AND he wasn't getting shot at so I really couldn't complain.  But I can rejoice that he is back!  I am so excited he is back that I have been cooking up a storm.  All his favorite foods are on the menu and he is loving every minute of it.  We'll see how long I can keep it up though.  HA HA!  Especially since I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner every week night he was gone except for 4 nights.  That was 36 bowls of cereal.  :)

As soon as he got home we had to go see Miss Wylie Jane.  She was the one we had the shower for a few weeks back and made her appearance on Thursday, October 27! 
Matt did so well holding a girl, he didn't break out in hives or anything!  I was so proud.  Jackson was even interested in the baby.  He was pointing to her saying 'baby.'  It was SO cute and he will be SO good with Mary Frances.
He still wanted to be the center of attention though.  We'll have to work on that.

Here are the proud parents looking SO cute!  They still look so rested...  I will get a pic of them in a week and we'll see what they look like :)!  I didn't even make it a week.  The first morning I woke up in the hospital the nurse looked at me and said "This is your first child isn't it?"  HA HA!!  I need sleep to say the least.  Oh well, I won't be getting much of that come January.

Then Saturday night we had a shower/small group/get together for our friends Christy and Kevin that just got back from Africa after being there 2 years on a water project.  They are expecting a baby boy in February and then are going back!!  Can you believe it?!?  They don't like electricity and running water that much.  :)  It was SO great to see them and I can't wait to spend more time with them over the next several months.

I should probably save this for Fratty Friday, but I just couldn't.  Here is J-Man all dressed up in his church duds on Sunday.  Can you get any cuter than this?

I mean LOOK!  By the time we picked him up in the day care at church he was only wearing the shirt and pants.  Oh well, at least we made it to church in the full outfit.

And he never gets much sleep on Sundays because of all we have going on.  Between being at church for 3 and a half hours then dashing off to something we have to be at, his nap takes a back seat.  So by 5:00 this is what he had resorted to.  He went to be at 6:30 Sunday night because he couldn't even walk any more he was so sleepy. But still being a trooper!

So now I am caught up from our crazy busy weekend.  Now I just have a crazy busy week to look forward to!

No comments: