Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh Girl!


If I think back I can vaguely remember being nervous when I was pregnant with J-Man, so I don't feel as guilty that I am super nervous with this pregnancy.  I am not worried about labor or that I won't lose the weight or even having a baby girl.  I am worried about having a middle school age girl because I was once a middle school age girl and it was TERRIBLE!!  Girls are mean and irrational.  Mary Frances better not be mean or irrational because I will not allow it (I say that now), but when, not if other little girls are mean to her I might will hurt them!  I remember sitting on my bed crying because I didn't understand why other girls were mean or why middle school was so terrible.  My boy haircut didn't help matters, but it was what I wanted and so my mom let me do it.  She always let me be my own person even if that meant getting an awkward bowl hair cut.  She was a GREAT mom and I could not have asked for more.  Now all I can do is pray I can be half the girl mother she was even though I am not looking forward to the awkward middle school years with Mary Frances.
Then on the other side there is a nervous girl daddy to be who is worried about the high school years and the expense of a little girl.  What he really needs to be afraid of is how wrapped he will be.  He claims he will not be any more wrapped than he is now with J-Man, but he has NO idea.  I can't wait!  He has already picked his line for every boy Mary Frances ever dates.  It will go something like this, "Son, I am a doctor and I know of ways to kill you that no one will ever detect."  Sounds good to me.  
31 Weeks and Matt says I am huge.  I say he can sleep on the couch!  Someone needs to tell him honesty is NOT always the best policy even if he thinks my "belly sticks out further this time than with Jackson."
I guess I shouldn't be nervous after I have seen how excited our mothers are that we are having a girl.  They were excited about J-Man too, but they seem to have gone nuts AGAIN about this baby girl.  And since they both have a girl, they know more than I do.  Although I am sure it will be the same with any subsequent children we have because they have already been talking about more grand babies.  And God willing we will have more, we feel it is our duty to populate the earth with as many conservative voters as possible :)!  Maybe I should change the name of our blog to "Raising Little Libertarians." It has a good ring to it!

No comments: