Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year's Thanksgiving is one we will not soon forget.  Two years ago at Thanksgiving Matt and I told everyone we were having a baby, last year was Jackson's first Thanksgiving, and this year we successfully gave almost everyone in our family a stomach virus.  Yup, not nearly as fun as the two previous Thanksgivings, but definately eventful. 

It all began last Sunday morning when Jackson threw up all over our bed after drinking his milk.  So, on Monday I stayed home with him and by that night at 10:00 Matt came in from work with the same symptoms.  Fabulous.  Tuesday morning I woke up feeling fine, but by 8:00 a.m. I was down for the count too.  Thank goodness Mrs. Shelia had come into town to shop and she was able to take care of Jackson while Matt and I clung to life.  The good news was the virus did not affect Jackson as bad as it did us.  After spending all day Tuesday in bed and not eating we started Wednesday slow, but felt better.  After keeping some toast down we thought we could head on to Caledonia. 

But by Wendesday night Mrs. Shelia sent us a text that said "I have it."  Another text from my mom Saturday morning after we got home that said "I got it."  A phone call Saturday monring letting us know Matt's aunt had it, and finally today we found out today that Matt's grandmother and uncle had it.  After that phone call, I turned my phone off.  Just kidding, but I feel so bad even though everyone has been super sweet about it.

So between clinging to life from a stomach virus and infecting the rest of the southeast, we had a really great Thanksgiving!  So please enjoy all the pictures from our Thanksgiving!  I didn't take any at Matt's grandmother's house (Matt took all the ones at my parents' house) because I am terrible at taking pictures, but I know other people did so if anyone has any send them to me or put them on Facebook and I can add them to this post!

No comments: