Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mary Frances' Room

We are getting close....  The bed is up, the bedding is in, the furniture is painted (thanks to Sheshe and Da-da), and the rooms are switched (thanks to both our families)!  It has gone from a very boy to a very girl room in two short weekends.
So what is left?  Put the knobs back on the furniture, find an affordable curtain rod (the one I found at pottery barn was $88), hang the chandelier when it comes in, hang the curtains when they come in (They are on back order until December 30.  Mary Frances may be born before they come in.), beg Aunt Shay to take time away from Austin to sketch some girly prints like she did for J-Man, and Gran Dan is making her toy box.  It sounds like a lot, but it has come a long way in 7 days!
I am going for a shabby chic look, so even though it is a Pottery Barn nursery again I mixed and matched everything unlike Jackson's room.  I simply took a page out of the magazine and said "I want this."  The bed was a total score from Pottery Barn at $299 and the furniture was FREE from Gran and Paw.  I walked in their guest bedroom and immediately knew the lines were what I was looking for and saw for $1,500 at Pottery Barn. 
I still need to order one more sheet for the bed, but I am going to get it from Target's Shabby Chic collection.  Sheshe is going to make a pad for the toy box out of a twin Shabby Chic sheet so the room will be flowered out.  My absolutely favorite part will the curtains though, they match the dust ruffle.  ADORABLE!
Munchkin was DYING to have something monogrammed, so here it is!  The little pillow.  She took it to be monogrammed at home after being really mad at Pottery Barn's monogramming character limit.  I guess they don't support double names, obviously not a southern company :).  It is all coming together and I could not be happier and Mary Frances would not be more blessed to have two grandmothers that have been as into this decorating as I have.  Hang tight!  There will be more to come!

No comments: